Will Lose My Best Friend Today

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Will Lose My Best Friend Today

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

Dearest Sandi, This was a sad note to find. I know how much you loved Kris. She was such a good dog. Your heart is breaking and I understand. Go on out to Q and let the Forum ladies give you big hugs. My heart is with you. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby gingerK » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Excellent advice from Donna about taking a different route and stopping at different places. And yes, go to Q. Your Forum friends will help you there as we will here. {{{HUGS}}} Sandi.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 pm

So sorry for your loss Sandi. I like the idea of taking another route also. Life goes on. Sending HUGS to you and your Abby. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby monik7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 pm

I am so lost without Krissi. I suppose people will think I'm crazy, but she's been all I've had for moral support since my daughter has caused me so much pain. I knew I depended on Krissi but I'm finding just how much that was. I found out yesterday my daughter and family were in Death Valley. They never told me. Would have been nice to know so the grandkids could tell me what they saw. Having Krissi would have helped, but without her I feel so alone. I almost decided to head for home yesterday and forget the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival and the GTG in Q. I'm in Tucson now and trying to hold it together. I don't think it would be so bad if my daughter would at least like and care about me. Just can't figure out why she treats me the way she does. I guess I'm a weak person if I have to depend on a dog for moral support but that's how it is.

I found out about Death Valley when my granddaughter texted me for the first time. I later texted my daughter that it made me feel bad that she didn't share what she and the grandkids were doing. Probably shouldn't have done that but I told her in the hope she might change. Now I'm afraid she may have told my GD she can't text me anymore. What a mess.
Last edited by monik7 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Oh Sandi I am so very sorry.
gingerK

Postby WickedLady » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm

sandi, it's too bad your daughter is that way but you cannot change her. Only she can. So quit giving her the ammunition to use against her. Quit crawling and groveling.
WickedLady

Postby monik7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 pm

WickedLady wrote:sandi, it's too bad your daughter is that way but you cannot change her. Only she can. So quit giving her the ammunition to use against her. Quit crawling and groveling.

Do you have grandchildren Marda? It's easy to cut out the daughter, but that means the grandkids too. That's a hard decision to make.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby Olive6001 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Dear Sandi, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much grief. I hope you'll go on to Q and let all your friends be with you. You can go at your own pace, no matter how slow. Step by step you will get where you need to be, physically and emotionally. You're strong, so when the clouds lift, which they will, you'll see how much good you have in your life. It's OK that you can't see it now, in time you will. You can choose to be kind to yourself in each new moment no matter what it brings. You're in my prayers and the prayers of many others.

Big hugs,
Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:34 pm

It is so hard to know what to say as I'm not in that position ....I am in contact with all of my kids although wish with some of them more
but it's not a feeling of them not liking me it's them being too busy to .... i say go to Q Sandi get involved I truly regret that I won't be there to
help you in some way...wish I was...but some times things are out of our control...it's too bad that your dd won't open up and say this is the way it
is mom and explain what her issues are because when they don't we tend make a mountain out of what what possibly was a mole hill...it's human nature...I sat tonight and worried because dd's x wanted to talk with her ...she didn't know why so I started worrying about was it cause Shadow barked at gd and scared her and he didn't want Shadow to be here when the girls were see what I'm saying we can make things become so much more important than it was...he just wanted to tell her that he and his last girl friend were dating again...nothing to do with Shadow... although I need to see what to do about his barking at some of the kids for no reason at all...
go and enjoy as best you can this time away from CA I am sure it's really hard when you are so sad and so upset anyway but try
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:45 pm

I wish it was just a mole hill Sheila, but my problems with my daughter have been ongoing for close to 10 years. She has been making my life miserable all that time and this time is particularly hard occurring so close to losing Krissi. I suppose while it could seem like nothing to others, it's actually another layer added onto many other instances like how she blocked me from seeing my grandkids on Christmas morning a year ago until I apologized for simply telling her I was feeling worse about our relationship. She refuses to sit down and talk. I probably should refrain from posting about these problems because it's hard for someone not involved to understand the big picture. Sorry I chose to bring it up. I just wish Krissi was here. She always seemed to understand and always let me know I had the best friend possible.
Sandi

monik7

Postby gingerK » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:09 am

We don't have to understand the dynamics of your relationship with your daughter to feel your pain, Sandi. Sometimes sharing things with those who care helps make that pain more bearable. And we do care.
gingerK

Postby Azusateach » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 am

Sandi, sometimes just writing out your feelings so that others can read them is all you can do.

We will never completely understand your situation with your daughter, or the depth of your pain. But we can walk alongside you as you move forward, or sit down and rest. Even if we're not physically with you we can say a little prayer or send good thoughts your way.

Your Krissi was the world to you. I get that. My prayer for you is that you can rest in all of the love she's given you -- that's she's "deposited" in your feel-good bank. Take from that freely -- there's enough in there to last you for as long as you need it.

We're here. That's what's good about this place. You've been heard. That's what's good about this place, too.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:21 am

Dear Sandi, you keep posting here as long as you wish. That is why this forum is such a good friend to us all. We all understand how much you miss Krissi.
We may not understand what goes on between you and the daughter, but you can let us know how much it hurts you. Wish I was in Q with you too.

Why not stop by San Diego when you do finally leave Q?!?! Santa Fe RV is a passport america park and it is close. Think about it. Love ya, lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:28 am

So sorry Sandi. How about talking to Abby more? Not the same, but I bet that little girl is missing her best friend also.

And don't take our thoughts as thinking less of your pain and problems. We all are trying to, in any way, help, not hurt you more.

I hope that being out there and seeing and being with friends can, at least in some moments, lessen your pain. And I wish I could give your daughter a spanking!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm

No words of wisdom to offer Sandi. Just wanted to send you some ((((((hugs))))) and wishes for peace of mind.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

PreviousNext

Return to Pets