Will Lose My Best Friend Today

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Will Lose My Best Friend Today

Postby cnq50b » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:06 pm

So sorry, Sandi. Sending loving thoughts, prayers & hugs your way.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby monik7 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Goodbye my sweet Krissi. Stay with Joshua and have fun. I love you so much. Mommy

Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Sandi - Adorable tribute to Krissi. Hugs

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:33 pm

Krissi was a beautiful bundle of fur, and a very happy looking dog. Lovely photos.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:21 am

I am so sorry Sandi!!! not what I wanted to hear... ((((hugs)))) sure wish I was going to be in Q
sheila
snowball

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:50 am

I'm so sorry to hear this, my heart cries with you. Its the hardest, and often the kindest, decision we ever have to make. She'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, happy and healthy. (((((hugs))))
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby dpf » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:08 am

Sandi, I am so very sorry. I know it's one of the hardest decisions that we ever have to make and we never ever make it lightly. Take comfort in knowing that you gave Krissi the best life that any dog could want. Hugs to you and Abby.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Redetotry » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:39 am

I am so very sorry Sandi, wish i could be there to give you real hugs.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Colliemom » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:25 am

I'm so sorry Sandi. Yes, I have been through that with a lot of my dogs too and no, it doesn't get any easier. But in our hearts we know that we are doing the right thing for them rather than let them suffer. She will indeed be up there with Joshua and your parents and meeting all the animals you have loved before her at that Rainbow Bridge. (((HUGS)))
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Oh dear Sandi what a hard loss and what a hard decision you had to make... I had to make the same choice with my dear companion Shadow in August... if you were closer I would come over and give you a hug and cry with you... I am crying for you just now... She is happy once again and running around with all of our pets who have gone on before... Start the slow walk back to your new normal... talk, cry, visit with those who also care... God does not let our dear ones see back beyond the veil and our pain... it is now her turn to be well and happy... I so was thinking of Hershel oh what a greeting she has had from him! Take care and know much love and caring are with you just now...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby monik7 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:11 pm

I want to thank you all for your kind posts. I'm finding losing Krissi is affecting me more than the loss of any of my previous pets. Because my son was murdered and since having so many problems with my daughter, I have had no one else. My parents are gone (and were never supportive anyway) and my older brother is a jerk whom I haven't seen or talked to in 15 years (and that was only at my daughter's wedding). So Krissi was the one who has always been here for me and gave me all her love and support. I talked to her as if she were another person and she at least knew she was providing support. Abby ran all around the house last night when we got back, looking for Krissi. I let her wear Krissi's sweater and this morning she was licking it which she's never done while wearing her own sweater.

I'm supposed to leave tomorrow to head toward Arizona. I have to be there by Wednesday for a reservation. But I can't seem to do anything this morning to get ready. I do think it would be best for Abby and me to go because there are so many memories of Krissi in the house and she's not here. Sitting around here and agonizing over the fact she's gone wouldn't be the best thing to do. It's how to get ready and actually go that's the problem. I envision walking Abby at the places we stop over the next few weeks and knowing Krissi will not be there next to Abby. Not sure I can do it, but just sitting here miserable would be just as bad. I really need some help and suggestions.

Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:24 pm

I know Exactly what you're going through I was dreading my first trip without Maggie but I knew I had to do it I had to come back to Florida... what I did was go a different way and do different things along the way and stopped and seen a few people tried to do things different and that helped a little bit I do believe getting out of the routine... right after she passed to the Rainbow Bridge my Maggie... I was in my house in Pennsylvania and I found myself going for our walk at our norellal times and that was right after she passed and I think I did need that but I also knew on the way back to Florida I needed to change the routine... maybe that will help and you do have your other fur baby to help you through this... but I still talk to my Maggie everyday and I still cry over her everyday even though I now have a new little fur baby... I don't think I will ever stop talking to her... sometimes when I go somewhere I tell Maggie you're going with your mama and her heart and her mind's eye and you'll see everything she sees and do everything she does.... I don't know if this will help you or not but this is my way of coping and it's helped me immensely... I will be thinking about you and keep us posted on how you are doing with this
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. There is no secret.

And remember you are heading out to meet up with folks that know you and understand what Krissi meant to you. To most of the world you still look like a normal whole person. Your broken heart doesn't even show. They don't have a clue and if you tried to explain...well good luck finding deep understanding. Go get on the road. The folks that you spend time with in Q and out on the road are much more apt to understand that you are functioning with only part of your heart and they will be there to hear your stories and support you through these days.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Oma » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:05 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. i know she was not only your buddy but also your family:(
Oma

Postby Othersharon » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Sandi, so sorry for your loss. It's never an easy decision to have to make. Just take one day at a time. Our fur babies may not be with us but I know never forgotten. Will be thinking about you and sending healing thoughts your way.
Othersharon

PreviousNext

Return to Pets