And the rest of the story.....

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

And the rest of the story.....

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:41 am

So i will try and make this not so long...Carolb and I went "window" shopping Brevard County Sheriff's Office Animal Services....well we spent almost an hr. there looking and feed treats to the doggies...they did not have many small dogs and most of them you had to wait until their week was up...a lot of their dogs are strays...soooo as we were leaving Carol with the super eyes caught sight of a worker with a little bit of brown in her arms...we took a look and stopped her to ask about this little thing that was shaking like a leave...it seems that her and her brother Charlie was surrender by their elderly person they being puppies she could not handle them...so Charlie being a social bug was adopted right away and the little girl Diva shy and afraid was soon sent out as a PJ dog...could be returned if I doesn't work out...her new foster had a black lab ...and it didn't work out so the very min. that we were walking out she was carried in... we ask to socialize wht her..so we were take to a small barren room to get to know her...she was so very scared of everything that had been happening to her and the over whelming noise of about 60 other large dogs barking like crazy...and all the people when the worker put her down she curled up in a little ball against the wall shaking so much the room might start to vibrate...and if you would even stand near her she would snarl and growl ..I got down on the floor and tried to offer my hand and she just barred her teeth and growled more...but when I first saw her with the worker I offered my hand and she put her little paw on it...so anyway we ask if we could go out side where there was less noise and no other dogs...so the worker after some time was able to pick her up and we went out...I ask her to just hand the puppy to me and not put her down...so I walked away in the grassy area with her in the and after a few min. of holding her and talking she stopped shaking and seem a little more at ease...we got all the info on her and sat out side with her and the worker...I can say that she didn't jumped out at me but by then I knew I could not leave her in that environment for her to shake , shiver and be so very frightened .... and being that she was a owner surrendered puppy she could be taken that very min. and not have to wait a week...so I filled out the paper work and we were connected a forever family... along with Maggie in our hearts and minds eye...another good thing... is that Hiers Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership where paying all adoptions fees for the first 200 dogs adopted during the month of Dec. that is why they were so busy... I paid not a thing for this little Diva! Well that's our story...and I have one other piece of news but that will have to wait for a bit yet...but it is exciting !!
grammynmaggie

Re: And the rest of the story.....

Postby Irmi » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:53 am

I'm so happy for you, Donna, and for Diva, too!
Irmi

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:45 am

How wonderful Donna! Your little Diva found a good home and a great Mommy. Can't wait to see pics - lots of 'em please. :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 am

Wonderful story of bonding! I'm sure your little Diva will warm right up with your care and attention. Now we will wait patiently for the rest of the rest of the story.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:33 am

Congratulations little Diva! :) Your ship (RV and person) has come in! I remember how frightened Remi was of the entire world when I got him. Now he is only frighten of parts of the world. And lets be truthful some of the world is pretty frightening..... Time and the wonderful resilience of spirit helps. Will wait for the next chapter of your current adventures......as patiently as we can :o
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:43 am

WONDERFUL story! I can't wait to meet Diva! I am so excited for both of you! No more time for you to feel lonely and sad------just lots of time spent getting the love of little Diva and teaching her that she has found a safe and loving home! :)
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:55 am

What a happy story
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 am

So happy for you and Diva. Window shopping in a shelter is dangerous for me, that's why I currently have six. I have one, Bandit, that was so fearful and tried to bite so the shelter wasn't even going to try and adopt him. Denita, the lady I mentioned before, loudly insisted she wanted him and after being really persistent and arguing with the shelter people, they brought him from the kill room with a "come along" around his little neck. He's the one who sleeps now curled up in my arms if I let him. The shelters out here have no patience for fearful dogs. If they're not friendly immediately, they kill them. So sad. Breaks my heart. So end of story, little Diva probably wouldn't have made it to the end of the day without you. You did good.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby gingerK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

Donna! So very happy for you and little Diva!!! What wonderful news!!!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:34 am

I think you saved her life Donna, because if she was soooo afraid and nippy, they would not have let her out of that place, after being there for longer period of time , no telling how afraid she would be and showing more bad ways. What a story !! She will be your faithful friend as soon she learns you will not harm her in anyway. It takes a little one who really needs us to grab our hearts and think she has done that.

I hope you both settle in well, very soon.
Carolinagal

Re: And the rest of the story..

Postby MsBHaven » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:42 am

That's a great story with a happy ending. I really wouldn't worry much about the growling or snapping because she's a Chihuahua. They are so little that they tend to be so scared and frightened. Little Annie was so terrified when we first got her, she wouldn't go near Roger for the first six months. Now she sits beside him and sleeps in the bed with us. It really is a joy to rescue a dog and watch them learn to trust again. I'm happy for you. So anxious to meet Diva in January.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Oh, Donna, it's even more special when you know you are saving her, and she'll be saving you, too. Peaches was also terrified and about to be put down because of her fears. I couldn't ask for a better companion. I'm sure it'll be the same for you and Diva. Just might take a bit of your special love to get her there. Congrats.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Congratulations!! You saved a life and I'm sure little Diva will save you from your sadness. I bet Maggie is so happy to know you have someone to take care of and who will take care of you. Can't wait for pics.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby longdog2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Glad you found each other. You will have some work ahead of you but you have time and patience and I'm sure both of you will be just fine. Congratulations!
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:16 pm

so glad to hear you got your pup...they do get to know that they are safe and things are much better....when I got my Shadow he was a nervous
dog still is but not as much...still gets up tight when there are others around that he doesn't know so right now he is in the bedroom...gd has a friend
over...and for some reason he has been barking at one of the gd's (he doesn't like quick movements and wonder if that is part of it) hope he lightens up
as we are here for six months and she is here every other week...so he needs to be more accepting
Have fun with Diva
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Pets