This is Nicky

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

This is Nicky

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 pm

These photos were taken last year when he first arrived at my house. Will post some more recent ones another time.

Nicky decided this chair was his from the start

Don't think he'd ever had any toys. Still cannot find anything he really likes to play with - that is also okay for him to have

I leave the room for a minute and he stole my water bottle

Tried one more toy, no luck
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: This is Nicky

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Good pics. I knew you could do it. There was one toy that Nicky liked...wasn't it earphones or something? :lol: I remember it was something expensive.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Oh, he's adorable. And of course that chair is his - he fits it perfectly!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 pm

What a cute dog !!!
My Molly loves plastic bottles ! If I'm drinking a bottle of pop or water, she'll sit and stare at me until I'm done so she can have the bottle. I can't leave the room with one sitting wihin her reach - she'll steal it !!
Thanks for sharing your pictures - Nicky is a doll :D
Mollysmom

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, Sparkle it was TV remote controls and the mask for my sleep machine. He destroyed 4 TV remotes in less than a month! The night manager at Staples got to where he'd greet me at the door asking "Need another remote?" . I finally found a place to hide it where he could not reach. Fortunately only one expensive mask got shredded. After that, he was barred from bedroom unless I was there with him. He as just recently earned my trust enough to leave the door open again so he can nap in bed during day. I don't leave shoes on the floor any more either - have several 1/2 pair now.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dpf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 pm

OMG...he looks just like a mutt (I use the term lovingly) my sister had years ago! His name was Barney and a really cool dog...also a tennis ball nut....he'd play catch for hours. :D
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 am

Awww, Nicky is a sweet looking dog. Don't worry, he'll have you trained soon.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:05 am

What a cutie. My dogs don't know what to do with toys either. Sassy completely destroys anything so I'm afraid of her swallowiing something and Buddy just looks at me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 am

What an absolute cutie!
Cedar518

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 pm

He is a cutie! Mine love toys, but will make a chewie out of whatever they find. Especially on the side of the bath tub. Stoppers, wash cloths, & disposable razors! :shock: So far no remote control chewers tho!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Blue, He is adorable. It's obvious, everything you have is his ... what's the problem? LOL As far as your shoes are concerned, start a new fashion trend. As long as the chewed shoes were from the other foot, make a new pair. Tee hee. Tell everyone you have another pair like them at home. Enjoy your puppy, he'll come around, sounds like he is starting to.

Linda
OutandAbout

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:00 pm

he's a cutie, my little Pixie wasn't much for toys either until Gracie showed her
how much fun they were. It took awhile even to figure out another dog could be
fun to play with too and now when those two girls get to playing I have to slow
them down so no one gets hurt. Lately Pixie has tried to get Bandit to play but
he gets too scared of those "crazy girls" and takes off to the other room :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Cute terror mix ;) Bet he's a handful.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 am

Awww.....lucky Nicky and lucky you! My rescue dog, Molly, is such a nut for toys that I now need to clean out my upper closet shelf! I never fail to see one I KNOW she will love better than all the other 75 or 80 stuffed squeaky toys she already has! But she is as excited about getting a 'new toy' as a 5-year-old kid is on Christmas morning each time I bring home a new one.....and it makes me so happy to see a soul enjoy playing with toys with so much excitement and enjoyment! She has never destroyed a toy, unless it's been a dollar-store one with a partial tear in it that I have overlooked. And that's why my closet is now overrun with squeaky, fuzzy critters and balls and more!!!

Nicky can learn to play, when he feels more at ease and realizes he isn't going back on the street. Try putting a toy up on a table where you might have the TV remote, and see if he dares to get it off there the first time. Sometimes they make toys in the shape of shoes....maybe he would like one of those to start with! But, if he eats them, that's not good. At first he will have to play under supervision.

Thanks for the pictures!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:56 pm

What a sweetie looks like he settled in right away. I think he looks part Sealyham Terrier especially his ears.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Pets