Bad grooming

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Bad grooming

Postby Redetotry » Fri May 29, 2015 9:06 am

I am not happy this morning. I've been up and down with Mitzi during the night. I took her in to have her hair brushed out yesterday to the groomer I took her too a few weeks ago. This time they shaved her stomach with a #15 blade! She looks as though she has been shaved for surgery. I guess I'm back to doing the grooming. Her coat is so baby fine it really gets tangled fast even though I do brush her almost every day. I called them this morning and they said they usually don't have that type of reaction but when I asked him he said he used a #15 blade on her. I would never use that fine a blade on such a sensitive area and can't imagine they don't have other complaints if that is standard practice. I've been putting a solution of apple cider vinegar and water on her and it must feel good because she comes to me when she sees me with the cloth. Vet said she could have Benadryl so will do that right before I give her breakfast. I've always done my own grooming but her coat is such a challenge I decided to try a groomer that a friend recommend. I love the look of the Havanese in full coat but think I'm going to have to learn to love the shorter hair look.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Bad grooming

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Ouch! Poor Mitzie! Sounds like that groomer doesn't know how to groom a Havanese so just did some type of terrier cut. At least Mitzie is liking the vinegar concoction.

Personally, I like the puppy cut on almost every dog. Short enough to take care of and long enough to still look like the breed, only fuzzier. :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri May 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Remi is sending healing thoughts out to Mitzi. He understands how tender bellies can be. He also appreciates when his GHL takes the sissors and cuts out those little silky mats in his arm pits and doesn't try to comb them out......Woof!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Fri May 29, 2015 4:04 pm

So glad I have Labs. Sorry for the ouchy-ness Mitzi. Feel better soon.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Fri May 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Ouch. Peaches and I send loves.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Pets