Stop the barking & jumping

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Stop the barking & jumping

Postby Redetotry » Tue May 12, 2015 11:49 am

Ok, here is my review of this, I have been amazed at how it works. Our dogs barked when we came home even if just gone a few minutes. All I have to do is act like I'm reaching for the bottle now! It costs under $10.00 and all it does is give a strange sound which is not unpleasant to me but the dogs seem to hate it. It works on compressed air. I bought mine at Amazon as Pet Edge was out of stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Corrector-Beh ... ctor+50+ml
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Stop the barking & jumping

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:21 am

BJ...I just added it to my Amazon list :D Rags is terrible when I get home!!! He gets over-the-top excited and barks and barks and jumps on me. I've tried other things and some have worked, temporarily, but then they don't, anymore. If this works, I will be so grateful that you posted this 8-)
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby retiredhappy » Wed May 13, 2015 9:37 am

I'm training Bailey not to jump on me but I use a spray bottle with just water. Works like a charm. Also works for barking, etc.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Azusateach » Wed May 13, 2015 9:42 am

I'd love to be able to try this on Tilly when it's mealtime. However, the ad says that it sounds like a snake hissing, and I'm not so sure Jed would tolerate that well. I don't want to punish him for her behavior. I do use a squirt bottle for other behavior issues, but if I tried that at mealtime we'd be under 2 feet of water.

I love Tilly to death, and all things considered, she's NOT a typical beagle-barker. But at mealtimes ... sheesh. :roll:
Azusateach

Postby sharon » Wed May 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Ordered for Miss Chewy..for barking and aggressive behavior. Tried the water bottle...she loves it. :lol: If this doesn't work next step is e-collar with training at her trainers. She never opens her mouth or even looks side ways at another dog at the trainers, but get her away from Jen and she's a little monster.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redetotry » Thu May 28, 2015 6:48 am

sharon wrote:Ordered for Miss Chewy..for barking and aggressive behavior. Tried the water bottle...she loves it. :lol: If this doesn't work next step is e-collar with training at her trainers. She never opens her mouth or even looks side ways at another dog at the trainers, but get her away from Jen and she's a little monster.

Sharon just wondering if this helped Chewy. Mine have done well with it but we only use it when they start a chorus of barking/howling at some unseen danger know only to them. Also use it for barking at the door when company comes or when I come home. For some reason Mitzi just goes nuts, if I'm gone for even 10 minutes, when I return. I don't want them to stop barking completely especially since the rash of break-ins around the area.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Pets