Emma's doctor visit

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Emma's doctor visit

Postby Marslet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that Emma is up to 5 pounds and 7 ounces. Just picked her up and brought her home. She made 6 months on the 15th and was "fixed" yesterday. I really love my new vet. His place smells so clean and is so clean. They called me all afternoon with updates. I knew when they put her to sleep, how she was in the middle of the surgery, when she came out of surgery, when she was awake and moving around. I really like how they kept her overnight and observed her to be sure she didn't have any reactions to anything. They also got 3 baby teeth that hadn't come out on their own. She was so glad to be home. Me too, I was so glad to have her home. :D You would not believe how quiet this place was without her. She brings light and love into our life and without her, it wouldn't be the same.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Emma's doctor visit

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 pm

awwww, Miss Emma,.... I didn't know you were "broken".... :lol: Seriously, I'm so glad that she's healthy and doing just fine. Isn't it time for more pictures?
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Emma is growing so fast, so glad the spay went well and good she got those baby
teeth pulled. She'll be her normal self in no time. Did they do stitches, staples or
glue? I hope she doesn't give you any trouble staying quiet while she heals.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Sounds like you have a great vet!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks for the update, and good news about Emma!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Marslet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 pm

They used the dissolvable stitches on her. They also told me to keep her quiet and not active for a few days. Sure sign they don't know my "little Miss Emma." :D She is the original Energizer Bunny as far as being active goes.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Glad her spay went well. I know it is nerve wracking & lonely when they have to have surgery. Hope she recovers quickly!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 am

Glad Emma is doing so well. I thought I'd die of loneliness when I had to leave my two all day for teeth cleaning. I brought them home a little early and they were still pretty groggy - nothing like two drunken, staggering big labs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Marslet » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks for all your kind posts. I am reporting that Emma is her old self. She is running, playing, kissing mama, jumping in my lap to take naps, yodel barking (sounds like a wolf baying at the moon). Thank goodness we are at the end of the pills I had to continue for her, she is finally clued into the fact that it is in her treat and will eat around the pill and spit it out. Then here we go with stuffing it down her throat. She gives me the best go to he77 look when I do that to her. Will pout and turn her head away from me when I want a kiss. But she gets over it and comes back for more sugar.
I guess you can all tell how happy I am. :lol:

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Mollysmom » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm glad Emma is doing so well :D I'm sure it makes you so happy to have her back to her old self !!!
Mollysmom

Return to Pets