Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Please Wish Amy Good Luck

Postby avalen » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 pm

:D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Glad to know you are settled in for the night, and Amy (and you) survived! In case you didn't see it, Wicked Lady is arriving tomorrow, too! RZR is here and all gassed up!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Irmi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Glad things went as well as they did! Hopefully she'll settle down more and more each trip.
Irmi

Postby MelissaD » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Hang in there Amy it'll get better.
MelissaD

Postby snowball » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:16 pm

good news for you and Amy!!! it will only get better
hope to see you
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:23 am

MelissaD wrote:Image

Hang in there Amy it'll get better.

Melissa, your emoji looks exactly like Amy right down to the white stripe on her nose and green eyes (except she's grey and white.) :)
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby mtngal » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Yay Amy! Now there will be no 'keeping Sandi down on the farm'!
Diana
mtngal

Postby monik7 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Amy did well today traveling from Mojave to Salome. She didn't cry heading out like yesterday. We did run into trouble negotiating the curvy mountain road between Needles and Parker. She threw up again. BUT --- (drumroll) --- she threw up in the litter box and then pooped there too. Yay Amy!!!

I'm hoping she's not going to be one who always gets car sick. Does anyone know if there are medications for cats for car sickness?

I wanted to post a pic of her, but it's on my phone and they only gave me Wifi for my iPad. The pic won't send from my phone because of weak service. If I get somewhere where it's better, I'll post it.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby gingerK » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Atta girl Amy, you're getting the hang of it now!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Big improvement - that's awesome! If it was a bad road, she might be okay when on a normal one - just might need time. I had a dog that got carsick a lot. I was told to give her a small amount of Dramamine. It worked. I slowly weaned her off it, and by the time I was rving, she never got sick anymore. I don't know how much you'd give, or if it's recommended for cats.

Here's an article by Drs Foster and Smith - give some other things to use for cats:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... 31&aid=793
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:25 am

My cat usually throws-up at the beginning of every trip. Just once, and then never again on that trip. Don't know why. Sounds like you and Amy are doing OK tho Sandi..lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Stinky drools so much it's almost as bad as throwing up. She does that going to the vet. The long trip I took her on she only got sick the first day and was fine after that. Wish my cats would throw up in the litter box and not on the carpet.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello. My name is Amy Elizabeth (my mom just calls me Amy) and I thought it would be nice for me to let all of you who were so kind to offer encouragement know that I am now officially a 7-day veteran RVing kitty! Today I rode 4 hours from Quartzsite to Tucson. I haven't thrown up since day 2, I always use my litter box, and I don't howl, meow or complain. I know my way around the RV very well now and have settled into a new and exciting lifestyle with my mom, Krissi and Abby. Your best wishes gave me the courage to try even though I wasn't excited about it at all. But now, thanks in big part to you, I'm really glad I won't have to go to the kennel anymore and I'll get to be with my family and travel to new and interesting places. Thank you!

Amy Elizabeth (but since you're my very special friends, you can call me Amy) :)

monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:31 pm

Oh, Amy, Mom and I (Peaches), are so very happy for you. I know you like this much better than a kennel. It just took some getting used to. I (Peaches) love traveling in the car, but sometimes don't like the rv so much when traveling. But I love being with my Mom and love all the different places we go, so it's more than worth it. If she just would quit driving on gravel I'd be so much happier, but you know what? Some of the places she takes me to after those gravel roads really are worthwhile, so I try to ignore them. I think you might be learning the same thing. I'm so glad you get to travel with your Mom now!

Peaches and Mom
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:53 am

Amy, we are so proud and happy for your bravery trying new things! We knew you could do it. We love traveling and seeing new stuff every few days.
Stormy cat and Mandy cat Solomon
MandysMom

PreviousNext

Return to Pets