The drama never ends

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: The drama never ends--update

Postby Redetotry » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 am

I finally gave up and took Toby to the vet as he started throwing up most mornings. I've tried feeding him in several locations and in several different bowls, plates etc. It takes awhile but usually can get him to eat as long as I hold the bowl. Along with that, his personality has changed. He is very submissive to Mitzi even though he won't play with her and his walk is different. He seems to scurry from his bed in the living room to the one in the family room.

The vet said all the symptoms I told him pointed to an emotional issue and maybe starting with the change in Mitzi. He checked him over and other than discovering his left kneecap was very loose and the other was a little...which would in time need surgery... his only suggestion was to try him on Prozac for a few weeks and see if that helps. His thought on the throwing up was that I should feed him later in the day or give him a snack before he went to bed as some dogs don't do well going 12=15 hours without food. He is fed around 8 or 9 in the morning and around 5 at night. I fed him later last night and he didn't throw up this morning.

Barbie, most of my dogs have always know when I was coming home. The first time I left Charley he stayed by the door for 3 days. Finally would sleep back with DH and the other dogs. The day I was coming home he went back to the door that morning and stayed till I got there.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Previous

Return to Pets