Nicky update

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Nicky update

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Nicky spent the day at vet office. Stitches out and bandage gone but not the need for that nasty collar. Vet says must keep it on until he quits chewing/licking foot. They took it off and but had to put it back on several times while observing him. He also got a bath while there. Must have use a new shampoo - strong perfume smell has stopped my head up.
He was pretty good about leaving it alone when we first got home but much of this evening has been "No Nicky". Sad to say I will put it back on him for the night so I can get some sleep. We both hope this doesn't last much longer. Any suggestions on training him to leave the foot alone will be greatly appreciated. We don't want the collar to go to KS with us.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Nicky update

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:15 am

Years ago after Herschel had his ear surgery, he went camping with his cone. He was just happy to be camping! All he missed was being able to swim. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:10 am

Never found a good way of getting my dogs to leave something alone that they wanted to chew/lick. So I guess he'll just have to put up with the cone until it stops bothering him.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Poor Nicky ! I hope that foot heals soon!! Why in the world would they use a perfumed shampoo at the vet :shock: I found a shampoo I really like called Espree oatmeal and baking soda, no wet doggy smell as they are drying or after they are dry!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Pets