Did you know?

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Did you know?

Postby WickedLady » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

No need to pay for expensive meds from the vet. Get a prescription and have it filled at Fred Meyer (and probably Wal Mart). Get the generic, if there is one, for $4.00
WickedLady

Re: Did you know?

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:10 pm

yep, it works and I even used my health savings card at the veterinary. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks, I did not know about that approach. Been lucky so far with Nicky; not mush need for meds other than heart worm/flea stuff.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:34 am

When I have asked vets to do that, they won't. They want the profit off the meds, unless it is a drug they don't carry (rare). That is with maybe 5 or 6 vets I have asked here in my part of northern Ca. I wanted to get the special flea/tick medicine which is the only one deemed safe for our Savannah cats, cheaper online with an RX but no one here will give me the RX even after paying for an office visit. And they charge quite a bit more per package than online. Unfortunately I can't just order any cat flea drops as Savannah cats have had serious problems, per the breeder with brands other than the RX one we get.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:45 am

MandysMom wrote:When I have asked vets to do that, they won't.
Same here as it is for Velda. I asked at 2 different vets and neither would. Could be the profit they want or maybe a state law (/). Not sure.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 am

I know vets that will. Maybe it depends upon the particular medication. I do know that some of it depends on the vets wanting the profit. Keeping well informed clients happy should also be a goal. :o
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sharon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 am

I love my vet. She sells meds at the same price as online. And Chewy's prescription dog food.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:17 am

My vets fax a script in to a catalog. They also have offered to match the catalog price on HW products. I've never had a problem getting them to fax a script for my dogs. Even my equine vets have done this for me. Maybe because I've spent enough money there to pay for the new wing he's putting on his clinic? LOL Seriously, I have spent a great deal of money there. I also get a preferred customer discount on one of Molly's meds and my equine vets give me a professional discount, too.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Peaches sees a new vet most years. All I've asked would give me prescriptions or send them in for me, including today. Peaches has a clean bill of health; 3 year rabies shot and will get her teeth cleaned next week. I went ahead and purchased her heartworm meds directly from the vet, and got a years worth, because the price was good. Oh, and I liked the vet or she wouldn't be going back for the teeth cleaning. I hate having to have her put out.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Pets