Peaches - Moxie - Tips

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Peaches - Moxie - Tips

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:56 pm

My current sweetheart, Peaches, cooling off her paws after a walk on the hot pavement :) :

Tips - my gentle giant who went to Rainbow Bridge this summer:

Moxie who left for Rainbow Bridge in Oct 2007:

Peaches made Moxie's passing much easier for Tips and me - and without her I'm not sure how well I would have handled losing Tips this summer - even though I was expecting it to happen.

Got to love our furkids!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Peaches - Moxie - Tips

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:03 pm

You know Beth that is really true.. cause I have lost lots..and because I had so many it wasn't as bad although there were some that I thought I was going to go too... but I have to say.. they keep me alive and I love everyone of them all their crazy stuff that some days oooooh my my.. but without them I would have been not here today..

In fact I have a brat in the background right now giving me attitude... I need to put some pictures up... LOL

Hey.. you know why Peaches sits in the bowl.. LOL a little dab will do ya :)

God Bless

Barbzeee and wild crew now..

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 pm

aww your pups are adorable and I remember the tribute you did for Tips,
it brought tears to my eyes as I know I'm facing that too sometime soon
but we do love our furkids.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Beth,
I had met both Tips and Moxie,..... great kids. Looking forward to meeting Peaches in the future!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Yes, beautiful memories you have of Moxie and Tips. I'm glad you adopted Peaches when you did. She's a doll, and that is so funny, sitting in the water dish!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 am

Your tribute to Tips broke my heart. You just can't describe the pain of losing a beloved pet to someone who doesn't have pets. Peaches is adorable and just what you needed. I can't imagine life without my guys.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:50 am

Your pups are so sweet! I too know what it's like to lose your furkids. I'm sorry to hear about yours passing, but it's so good you had Peaches to help you thru. Love the pic in the water bowl! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Beth, I am so sorry about your loss'es, I have been there, so I really understand, and will be again. What beautiful furkids you had and have. Peaches is adorable, and the sight of her in that dish, is priceless, I have never seen such. I have known all kinds of animals, and had many, but I have never come close to seeing anything like Peaches cooling her feet. My son had a cat one time who would climb in the bathroom sink to cool off, no water, he just tried to sleep there.
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:33 pm

LOL about sleeping in the bathroom sink.

I'd never seen a dog climb completely in their water bowl before either - and I thought I'd seen most everything. In that pic, she is actually resting her butt on the back edge of the bowl while her paws cool off. Because of this, I bought a little kids pool for her - and when she HAS to walk during the heat of the day here, I put an inch or two of water in the pool and let her cool off before we come inside. I was lucky to be able to get that pic. The look on her face was such that she was expecting me to tell her she was bad - course I didn't - not only was she not bad, but it was so funny.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Getupngo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Beth, love all your furkids ... it's SO hard when we have to let them go. But Peaches looks like a real clown ... I just laughed when I saw her perched in that water dish. LOL!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Echo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Those are excellent pictures Beth.
After meeting Moxie and Tips last year I am looking forward to meeting Peaches too. And I have no doubt that we will somewhere down the road.
I want another Pom so badly. We have Honey but she's big enough that when she runs at Shade to play that it intimidates her. The cat just isn't into playing doggie games. And I do love Poms. I thought about trying the Pom Rescue group but I know they would never approve me. I'm not in the house enough hours of the day now. I've been trying to haunt the shelter here but none have been brought in. So I wait. I just might break down and call a breeder in NC where I got one before. I still have her name and number. Hopefully she is still breeding. Oh my, the joys of having a puppy and house training. :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Echo, If you're willing to do a Pom mix - like Peaches is - I suggest that you keep an eye on searching for Poms on this website: Petfinder. They are shelters - and you might find a full-blooded one - but I'm a fan of mixes - they usually are healthier in almost all breeds - Peaches was actually advertised on there by the shelter she was at - and many looked at her- but she was so scared of people that none took her. She's a little bigger cuz she's part Eskie, but you'll find pom's that are little tiny things, too - and maybe closer to home than you know.

I just did a search on their site for adult Pom's using a TN zip code - and here's what I got TN Poms - you might want younger ones, but I elected to search for adult dogs.

I really don't believe in paying for one from a breeder when so many need homes and might be put to sleep if no one rescues them.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Echo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm

OHHHHHH! Thanks Beth! Maybe I can find just the right one. One that will fit right in and just the right ~sighs~. LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to Pets