New pics of the naked pups

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

New pics of the naked pups

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:52 pm

I have 4 Chinese Cresteds of my own, & 3 fosters. This is Tess & Kesha. They really are sisters. Came from the same litter.

This is Razzle in his Harley Davidson jammies

This is my oldest boy Scooter

Eli is my foster boy

I am a member of a Chinese Crested Rescue org. Mitzi & Phoenix came to me from Missouri where they were being fostered thru the Humane Society. Originally they were taken in a puppy mill bust. They were 2 of 973 dogs taken in this bust. Their living conditions were horrible. The only human contact had been painful & scary until they were taken into foster care. They are the sweetest girls & have come a long way since they've been with me.

Mitzi is the one sitting up, Phoenix is snoozing in the sun beside her.

NakedPupsAndMe

Re: New pics of the naked pups

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 pm

So nice to see pics of your gang again! I absolutely love those pups. I'm not a dog person, but I think i could get used to one of those. Of course Middy (my cat) votes differently,.. :lol:

p.s.... so glad you are here and posting!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Great pictures. I bet they're a lot of fun.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Great pics! Are foster pups like foster kids? You love them, care for them, and nourish them until they can be adopted, or returned to original owners. Will it break your heart to have to part with them?

I am wondering if I could do that, as the people who foster guide dogs love and socialize the puppies prior to giving them back for training. Not sure I could let them out of my life after they have become part of it.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Nasoosie wrote:Great pics! Are foster pups like foster kids? You love them, care for them, and nourish them until they can be adopted, or returned to original owners. Will it break your heart to have to part with them?

They will definitely not be returned to their original owners, but yes I keep them til they can be adopted. Our rescue screens prospective adopters to make sure the dogs are a good match for them. We try to place the dogs in the best home possible. It does hurt when they leave, but I know they are going to a wonderful forever home. We do a lot of the same things guide dog fosters do. Take them out to socialize, eval their temperment with kids, cats, other dogs, etc... The puppy mill rescues require more time as they have no idea how to live in a house.

Mitzi is very sweet & submissive. Housebroken & ready to be adopted except my vet found a lump in her breast & it was cancerous. She has had one surgery & will have to have another before she has a clean bill of health. We won't place her til we know she's okay.
Phoenix had some serious fear issues. She has really come along & is the cutest one of all. She is like a little clown, very playful. We are still working on her shyness but hopefully she will be ready to leave in a month or so.
And Eli has been with me for a while. He is an angel. I just got a promising app on him. He may have a new home soon.

I love fostering as each dog has their own challenges & requires something different. There are so many dogs in shelters, I know when they leave I'll have some more come in pretty quick.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Love the pics of all of them. So cute. I think I like the pic here of Scooter the best - just something about that pose.

I just get furious when I think about puppy mills. I have been a volunteer for years with animal shelters - and was on the Board of Directors of the local shelter in WI until I went out on the road full-time. I applaud you what you're doing - you are giving so many dogs a chance at a good life.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

your are such a special person do do that, the fostering thing, I tried it and failed.
I had a little foster for a month and it broke my heart to see her go, I was happy
she had a home but my mind said no one could could love her like I could and spoil her
etc. then the second time, well, thats where my little Pixie came in, my house was
midway between her old home and rescue. Needless to say she never made it rescue.
She is mine and I could never let her go. So, no more fostering for me, I am at capacity
although I do have the occassional dogsitting duties for my daughters little girl but
everyone gets along well, so no worries.
Your crew is so adorable and I love the jammies, I need to get more for my girls.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 pm

These dogs are just too cute for words. I admire you for being able to foster. I don't think I could let go after keeping them for a while. That's how I ended up traveling with TWO BIG labs. I rescued Buddy from a home where he was only tied to a tree. Never petted and no shelter and of course, not fixed. He chewed his way loose and turned up at my daughter's for a few days. The owners would come get him, throw him in the back of their truck and hit him for running away. The 3rd time he showed up my daughter called me at 6:30 in the morning. I went and got him. Had him fixed and dewormed. Actually had a home for him - my doctor- but she was on duty for the weekend he was ready to be adopted. By Tuesday morning (five days) I left a message: "have fallen in love - get your own dog." Now I sleep with two dogs, one on each side. If I'm really lucky they let me have some bed in the middle BUT I NEVER get cold at night. Buddy should have been named Velcro - he seems permanently attached to my side and is just 85 pounds of pure love. My Sassy, an SPCA baby, is more independent. I would love to put cute clothes on my guys but I once tried one of those raindeer headbands. Took Sassy about 2 seconds to get it off and if looks could kill, I wouldn't be writing this post.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:03 am

Love the pictures and the pups. Keep reminding everybody how many little ones you can fit in for one 85 pounder! And two dogs do enjoy their own canine friends. Unfortunately that "littler dog" was the rationale that I used when I first got English Cockers but silly me I still needed my "big dog" fix. The personalities and characteristics of different dogs and breeds are so unique. As long as I can keep the vet bills paid and buy food..... The pups are fortunate to have you and (having adopted 2 rescues myself) thanks for being there to give others like myself time to find them and provide a forever home....

Tina and furry pups sleeping in at my feet
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Love the pictures !!! Your kids are so cute, I always enjoy seeing pictures of them.
Bless you for taking in foster kids - that's really a wonderful thing.
Mollysmom

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:39 pm

OMG they are soooo cute. Thanks for being a rescue person. Our three Chi's are also rescues. These rescued dogs seem to be so sweet and happy to find a good, safe home.

Hope the pups don't get a sunburn!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:35 am

Mikki:

I forgot to ask,... again saying that I am not a dog person ... are they naturally "naked".... or do you clip them to be that way? I keep looking at their pics and wonder if I will soon have to drop the saying "i'm not a dog person".... I'm getting so fond of your pups,... really as in REALLY like them!
Cedar518

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 am

Chinese Cresteds do require grooming & skin care. They have different degrees of body hair. 4 of mine are what''s called a Hairy Hairless. They have a strip of hair that grows up their back & facial hair. I do clip that with a beard trimmer. The other 3 are true hairless. Very little body hair at all. Every few months I'll trim off some stray hairs, & shave their face.

As far as grooming, they need to be bathed once a week, and every other bath I use a blackhead scrub on them. Then put oil on their skin. Their skin stays nice & soft. They do wear t shirts or jammies in the bright sun or really cold weather. All of my fosters are RV certified! :D I have 3 fosters right now & they all LOVE camping! I hope it's okay to post my rescue org link. http://www.crestedguardians.org/. This site also has good info on Cresteds care too. Thanks for looking at my "kids".
NakedPupsAndMe

Return to Pets