Sammie

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Sammie

Postby pattyk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 pm

For those who have not met Sammie yet, here is a picture of her from last April. This picture was taken right after she was groomed. Right now her hair has grown out and she looks like a teddy bear.

I rescued Sammie two weeks before I was leaving on a 4200 mile trip. I really didn't know what I was getting. Luckily she was much more than I could have imagined. She travels well, housebroken, etc. She has been a fantastic traveling companion. She loves people, but lets me know when someone is around close.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Re: Sammie

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:54 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww- I'm so glad that she fit right in with you on that trip. What a little sweetie. When you get a chance come on back and let us see the "teddy bear" pic.

(Somehow your post was in there twice - I got it down to once.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dcricket » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:59 pm

OMG Patti your lil Sammie is soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!! How wonderful that she is such a good girl and such a great traveling companion/watch dog. Just toooooooooo cute! :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 am

Sammie is precious! Her little underbite makes her even cuter. ;) Isn't it wonderful to have a dog that travels well? I'd like to see her teddy bear pic too.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby avalen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:40 am

what a little cutie she is, and a good watchdog to boot
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby pattyk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:31 pm

I found out that the underbite is a requirement in Shit Tzus, not that I will show her, but it does make her cute. She's three years old. I have never seen a Shit Tzu with her coloring before. Most of them are black and white.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby islandmomma » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Awww, Sammie looks very sweet and yes all Shih Tzu's have those funny teeth (like their predecessors the Pekinese). Did you know that they were bred as temple dogs in Mongolia as they were known for having mellow temperaments and being willing to lie at attention for a long time by the temple steps?... :)

My Shih Tzu is Nano, aged 11, and she is a tricolour....mainly brown and white with a bit of black on her face. She is also a good traveller and will accompany me when I leave in a few weeks. I am taking a grooming set as she has skin allergies but I expect I (and she) will have to cope with unknown groomers along the way. May seek input from you all LOL in that regard.

jan

PS Tried to add her photo but it says the file is too big. Sorry...
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Echo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Cute furbaby!!!

I so want to get another Pom! Shade would dearly love a playmate and it would be good company for her when Kelly and I are not home. But I guess I will wait a little longer. ~sigh~ Might have to watch her. Any thing with hair or fur, with 4 legs or arms and legs she is apt to turn it into a captive love slave.

Has anyone else got a dog like that??? It doesn't matter what time of the year it is. Whether she's in heat or not. If it's furry, hairy with legs or arms she gets down with it!!! She's been doing that since she was a baby. I got her at 12 weeks old and on the way home a friend gave this Rhino thing with rope for the 4 legs. I was sitting at the laptop and heard this ? strange noise. I turned around and there was my darling little 12wk old baby puppy getting kinky with that ugly Rhino chew toy. :roll: :oops: I about died laughing!!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby islandmomma » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:25 pm

I am trying to add Nano's photo again via photobucket. Thanks for the help, admin!! :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby pattyk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Jan, I really like Nano's coloring. Sammie is all mixed up.

Here is Sammie today (my little teddy bear). She is badly in need of a grooming. I have to fit her in with the groomers schedule. It's well worth the wait. The first groomer I took her too shaved her very close and then told me she had a rash. It ended up being razor burn.

Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby islandmomma » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Now that is one CUTE pup Patti!! Wish i could let Nano's fur get longer but then we all are in trouble LOL.

Gotta show you my littler pup's photo but he is so neurotic/skittish he cannot come adventuring...:(

jan

PS This is DuDu, a Maltese...

Dang, I actually rotated that!! Sorry Guys...
islandmomma

Return to Pets