Reflections

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Reflections

Postby Liz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Bandit loves the pool deck...wakes me up like an alarm clock every morning at the crack of dawn to go out there...BUT, who's that other cat that always hangs upside down in the water?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Reflections

Postby Echo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:43 pm

He's a handsome fella there Liz!

Is he fascinated with that 'other' cat? Had a cat once that was nuts over mirrors. When ever she caught a glimpse of a mirror she just had to get to it to check out the 'other' cat she just knew would be looking back at her. She would 'talk' to it. It drove her crazy that that other cat never answered her. LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm

thats a really good picture, and such a pretty cat, the last cat I had was black and white.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Great picture. Handsome furkid. Thanks for posting.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Marslet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 pm

I don't have any pics of him, but we had a young rooster show up at the camp. He was beautiful, cream colored feathers, but lovely burnt orangie looking tail feathers. He would strut around and around and one day discovered the other rooster looking back at him from the car bumper. :lol: Lordie, he pranced and pranced and turned his head every which way trying to catch that rooster not looking at him. Every time we drove up, here he came, he would be running so fast when he put on the brakes, he would slide in the gravel. Then stand there and walk back and forth staring at his reflection in the mirror finish of our bumper. Occasionally he would peck the bumper, but mostly just looked at him and strutted, head raised high as he enjoyed his beauty. I named him, Handsome Me. Thought the name fitted him. After about a year, we came one weekend and he didn't greet us. We never did find out what happened to him. Sure did miss him.
Seeing your cat looking at his reflection reminded me of him. Thanks for the memories Liz.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:09 am

Great picture, Liz and beautiful cat.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Does he ever try to reach the other kitty and fall in? He sure is a beautiful kitty and the expression on his face almost says," What are you doing, mom?' :D

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Love the picture - reminds me of how much my last cat loved to lie at the sink and play with the water while running - or at a bathtub - but lordy, if I tried to put him in the sink or bathtub, there would be such a battle.

Marslet that is a wonderful story - brought tears to my eyes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:11 pm

Bandit looks like he's saying...."don't you see that other cat, Mom?".... :lol: Thanks, Liz....handsome fellow...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:27 am

What an outstanding picture! I, too, was wondering if she ever got too close and fell in? I wonder if cats can swim? I know big cats like tigers and lions can swim...but never thought about a housecat swimming.

Handsome Me was a neat story, but, like Beth, I got teary-eyed when he didn't show up. Too bad you weren't able to capture some of his antics, although the pictures in your brain/memory are probably vivid for you!

I am going to save the picture for one of my screen-saver ones. People will appreciate it!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Bandit has fallen in, but not watching the other kitty. He was watching/ chasing a squirrel running across the top of the pool screen. Ran right into the pool. Yes, cats can swim....fly too!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Pets