Truck camper, anyone?

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Truck camper, anyone?

Postby nitewriter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am

We have two fifth wheels, one 32footer parked year round at a campground with a new 10X25 deck we built last spring. The other is a 29footer that we use when we travel together. And I just got a truck camper that I use when traveling solo or we use together for quick fishing trips to the beach. Does anyone else have a truck camper? Here are our rigs:
http://esage.homestead.com/SHAREPHOTOS.html
nitewriter

Re: Truck camper, anyone?

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 am

I think you are going to enjoy your truck camper.

With two fivers and a truck camper, yep, you enjoy rving and camping. :D
My kind of a gal. :D
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby chalet05 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Had a 5er and truck camper, but I just sold the 5er recently and will be full timing in the truck camper. I towed the 5er for 3 years. Have already been living and traveling in the camper since late April last year. I had been wintering in one spot with the 5er.
Anita
chalet05

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

I have a truck camper. Haven't been out too much lately, but plan to change that this year. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Dawn309 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

We had a truck camper back when the girls were little. I loved it!
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Love it. What brand of camper is it?
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Do you gals with truck campers remove the camper from the truck while camping so you can use the truck to go places? Just curious... :?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Do you gals with truck campers remove the camper from the truck while camping so you can use the truck to go places? Just curious... :?

I could but to my way of thinking, loading it is a pain, particularly if you don't do it often or have another pair of eyes. Besides, I'd go nuts if a windstorm came up! Plus if camping with no sewer hookup, that would be an additional pain. I haven't had a problem just leaving it on, but I have decided for stays in some places, I will rent a car.
Anita
chalet05

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

chalet05 wrote:
BarbaraRose wrote:Do you gals with truck campers remove the camper from the truck while camping so you can use the truck to go places? Just curious... :?

I could but to my way of thinking, loading it is a pain, particularly if you don't do it often or have another pair of eyes. Besides, I'd go nuts if a windstorm came up! Plus if camping with no sewer hookup, that would be an additional pain. I haven't had a problem just leaving it on, but I have decided for stays in some places, I will rent a car.

I don't unload either when camping. It is a pain. I have also been told at a few CG that I am not allowed to do so. (Usually a private CG) I am also thinking of just loading the camper and keeping on while here in the S&B. This way, I'll be more apt to take off instead of convincing myself that it is such a chore to load. (It really isn't, but I do tend to talk myself out of doing it because it is not convenient.) Linda
OutandAbout

Return to Show off your Rigs