You've just been-

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

You've just been-

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 am

"Rig-Rolled" ...jokingly I started referring to our rig as Rig Astley, after sending out cell phone images to friends and family with the comment "you've just been rig rolled". If you are familiar with the long running internet joke/meme of being tricked into listening/watching Rick Astley's music video referred to as being "rickrolled" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling) then you understand my corny glee. But my husband immediately said, 'no! we're not calling our rv rig astley'. Haha- I wasn't serious but I do find it funnier than I probably should though. Annnyyywaay- I'm here to show off my rig!

Maiden Voyage and 1st RV Park for Orientation Weekend
Jurupa RV Park, CA Site 229

Orientation weekend...which means we get to attempt to put everything we've read about, to test.
This is Russell, my husband, and he is very excited to be at this stage.

Discovered that our tires were in real need of air- that was fun being we weren't ready for having to deal with that right away.
Which meant buying new toys and putting them and my husband's skills, to the test.
We can say we are very happy for the existence of SC Fuels and their beautiful lot and FREE air.

We then spent the rest of the first week boondocking at Camping World and the street outside our current apartment which is one street over from my husband's office.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Re: You've just been-

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am

After 72 hour of boondocking, it was time to head out again for the weekend.
Weekend number two with the rig ended up with a trip to Lake Skinner, CA
Our bedroom view from site 292
We took advantage of a liquidation sale at an Anna's Linens store and found bedding that didn't clash with the forced upon window decor/fabric! Very happy with it.

More new toys

Repurposed the kitchen rug for the house entry

Purchased some Ajax in fear of an ant issue we were warned about

And then spent the rest of the time exploring and relaxing

Overnight we listened to the music of coyotes and in the morning we woke up to air balloons (balloon and wine country)
Hot cereal and a dog that is afraid of steam (and smoke)

And this is when I discovered water in the hallway and where the pullout door comes from and in the bathroom- so we bugged out and beelined to the dealer...and we've been waiting all week for them to solve the leak issue and address the list of things we have found during the orientation week. We're in withdrawals already.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

You have some gorgeous photos - love the low level of the leaves on the ground and the campfire!!!

Now I have a question and maybe a couple of suggestions. Why do you have the filter and pressure regulator on your green hose rather than your supply hose? It would make more sense to me the other way around, especially since I'm assuming the green hose is only being used for your black tank flush. And I use a wye as well when we take the dogs, then put a 45° elbow to get the stream pointing down again. We use it for filling the dogs water bowl, which gets filled a lot since they seem to love to knock it over when camping. They actually catch it with their leads.

My other suggestion would be to make sure that your entry rug is secured somehow at the top, either through one of those grippy pads or with double stick tape. But that's a cool idea to use a runner like that. My stairs are all external so I wouldn't have thought about internal stairs.

Oh and I had a water leak coming form the bathroom soon after I got my trailer... turns out it was a loose tubing connection. Now I also have to watch for leaks from showering - but that's from water running down the wall of the shower and over the edge of the tub. I have a tub/shower and even with one of those triangle diverters, when I use the shut-off valve to cut the water flow, the dribble water overwhelms the diverter and I end up with water all over the trailer floor (because there's just not enough bathroom floor to contain it - I have a very small trailer :oops: :D :D )
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am

Great pix Gena - love the shadows

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby sharon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Maggie, it looks like they're using the green hose for supply water...Ummm...guys...the white hose is for your house water. Supposedly green hoses have stuff in them not good for you, but I've always used a green hose at home to fill the water tank and never had a problem.

Love the picture of Russell with the gloves. :D Some of our favorite pictures here are of dumping and we can wax poetic for pages about the joys of dumping! :mrgreen:

I live only a few miles from Lake Skinner and have never been there. That's sad. I've seen the signs for it and have said I was gonna go check it out but never have.

Beautiful rig, Gena, go enjoy the heck out of it!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby avalen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Sandersmr wrote: Why do you have the filter and pressure regulator on your green hose rather than your supply hose? It would make more sense to me the other way around, especially since I'm assuming the green hose is only being used for your black tank flush.

yep, what she said, regulator and filter on white hose as thats the one you want to protect the "house" waterlines. :D the green hose
doesn't matter cause its just for flushing the doodoo hose. :D

awesome rig, your in for some fabulous camping trips
Last edited by avalen on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

sharon wrote:I live only a few miles from Lake Skinner and have never been there. That's sad. I've seen the signs for it and have said I was gonna go check it out but never have.

Same here! I lived so close to there but never got there in all my exploring trips around the area. There are a lot of hot air balloons in that area because of the wine country back there. They offer balloon "tours" over the vineyards. They have a huge balloon/wine festival at Lake Skinner every year too.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Loved the pics and the narration of your early adventures.....I look forward to keeping up with the blog, also. Hope that all the questions and repairs got taken care off and you are already off for another weekend of bliss and learning.... :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Really enjoyed the pics. You two look so happy! Or should I say 4?
:D
AlmostThere

Postby MsJane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Great pictures! Can see you guys are having a good time.

I thought that site looked very familiar. :D I like that tow of four sites best. :D Rancho Jurupa/Cottonwood was the first place I camped in my TT. I'm there right now just one site over from where I took my maiden voyage back in 2011 (Veteran's weekend).
MsJane

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:29 am

Looks like you are off to a great start on your adventures, and recording them in pictures just right dr all of us! Keep it up, and I am wishing you many fun trips. Hope to meet you at some future gtg.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 pm

We are using the green hose for fresh water, and the white/blue is for the black tank cleaning. The pressure regulators and water filter are on the green, and there is an anti siphon valve on the far end of the blue/white at the sewer pipe connection as well. I have never heard of things inside garden hoses being bad for drinking water quality, but I'll look into that thanks! The Wye on the hoses lets us use the 2 hoses without having to swap a lot of things before we pack up and move out. We might get a 3-way just in case we need water to fill something like a dog bowl, or rinse something off.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you all for the compliments, the welcomes and such- love the active forum!

Yesterday my husband took a half day and we ventured off to go pick up the rig from the service department...oy...I won't go into my thoughts on that place at this time...anyways, we spent a LONG commute (me following in the Smart) out to Riverside to a friends place- where we spent the night. We had to drive back into LA to sell our sofa set... and a few other things... then we'll head back out there tonight. We may end up boondocking at my aunts again, too... not sure- everything's up for change until it happens...which is neat-o.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:17 pm

MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:We are using the green hose for fresh water, and the white/blue is for the black tank cleaning. The pressure regulators and water filter are on the green, and there is an anti siphon valve on the far end of the blue/white at the sewer pipe connection as well. I have never heard of things inside garden hoses being bad for drinking water quality, but I'll look into that thanks! The Wye on the hoses lets us use the 2 hoses without having to swap a lot of things before we pack up and move out. We might get a 3-way just in case we need water to fill something like a dog bowl, or rinse something off.

the thing with garden hose is that you taste the rubber from the hose, thats why the manufacturers came up with the special white one, no rubber taste :D
don't think theres any toxic reasons, at least I've never heard of any, just the taste thing
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 pm

avalen wrote:
MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:We are using the green hose for fresh water, and the white/blue is for the black tank cleaning. The pressure regulators and water filter are on the green, and there is an anti siphon valve on the far end of the blue/white at the sewer pipe connection as well. I have never heard of things inside garden hoses being bad for drinking water quality, but I'll look into that thanks! The Wye on the hoses lets us use the 2 hoses without having to swap a lot of things before we pack up and move out. We might get a 3-way just in case we need water to fill something like a dog bowl, or rinse something off.

the thing with garden hose is that you taste the rubber from the hose, thats why the manufacturers came up with the special white one, no rubber taste :D
don't think theres any toxic reasons, at least I've never heard of any, just the taste thing

Ah, well if that's the only concern, then I'm not worried. I'm already not a fan of the hose in general- just because it's entirely too long and hard to roll up (told hubby we should find something else). But I do like the "Green-good, Blue-bad {white hose has blue line}' thing he's got going on. :lol:
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs