Sharing ideas from Jennie

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Sharing ideas from Jennie

Postby asirimarco » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am

we've been Rv for over 40 years and Bill has become quite inventive with ideas for comfort and storage and keeping noise down. So will share a few from Jennie
When we bought Jennie this was just a four inch shelf above the bed. He turned it into cupboards - premade doors from Home Depot
Just before we left home this time he added a simple box above the bedroom window to hold paper back books. - three deep
Added shelves to the narrow closet
You know those neat plastic bags sheets etc come in - too good to throw away - but what to use them for - well we put a couple on the bed frame under the skirt to hold shoes or what ever - they are pretty strong
A colapsable basket for laundry storage - store in shower - easy to move and to carry - fold up when not in use.
Bill added this cupboard and hooks in bathroom. Again using premade doors from home improvement store
He also added magazine rack to bathroom - he made some of these racks and bought others
For some reason bathroom doors tend to swing open so we added this swing lock on the outside of the door for traveling.. can use on cupboards etc
Bought this bread board in CW but can use any one and just add rubber maid to the bottom of it to keep it from slipping. Cuts down on noise from stove top and comes in handy for cooking when placed over the sink. He also turned the space behind the stove into storage.
Again added cabinet trim above window for more storage
Trash cover - cut it and hinged it so we could use it without lifting the whole thing up
Key holder by door - this one is fancy - he made it - the one in the Alfa is lined with outdoor carpet to keep noise down. Uses a lot of outdoor carpet for noise control - in cupboards and storage areas
The other side of the door - hat or coat hooks - lots of places for "things" when you look around
Another good idea from Camping World - worth the money for odds and ends storage - probably can't use if using dinette for a bed though - not sure.
Another little box he built for me to keep on the table - holds napkins, calculator, penciles, camera cords or what ever I want right at hand. Could be salt and pepper or plants
Space under table up against wall - little partition for camera cases - out of the way but handy
We took out the small bench sofa that was in Jennie and put in a LazyBoy recliner and a table we bought from CW - Bill uses it for his laptop. - the laptop is stored in it when we travel as it folds up flat. He has added glasses holders and pencil etc holders to the side of it.
Next to it is a storage unit we found - bolted to wall with two baskets for books, maps etc.
More magazine racks and kleenex holder have one on other side too
We took the bunk bed out and Bill built an entertainment and storage area in that place. Again using premade doors and cabinet trim. Storage behind the TV is all open - lined with carpet - large items there
Storage in front of the cabinets is partitioned with little boxes that can be found in lots of stores.
Just a couple of ideas someone may not have thought of. We've also replace the carpet with wood looking vinyl and put small colorful glass tiles on the wall next to the stove. Easier to clean.
Last edited by asirimarco on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
asirimarco

Re: Sharing ideas from Jennie

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

What wonderful ideas. Do we get Bill to implement them, too?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

The driver is an artist...and a craftsman.... Besides being handsome that is. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Redwahine » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 am

Great updates. Each one adds so much space for all those things we need, but have a hard time figuring out where to put them,
Redwahine

Postby chalet05 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 am

Great ideas! Those little drawers under the table from CW do work on my dinette that turns into a bed. I have one mounted on each side of the fold up leg and they open into the aisle. Have to place them carefully so they avoid the bed supports.
Anita
chalet05

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm

I love it! Using every inch to make the space exactly what you need. And wow! Bill is so talented!

Louise
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Getupngo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Wow! What great ideas. Using space under the kitchen table is genius, as well as the narrow box on the table to corral cell phones and all that stuff.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Dawn309 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

What great ideas! I am always looking for ways to increase storage.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby ellenw » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 am

Gosh, I've been enjoying studying these photos, Carol. How did Bill securely hang the cupboards? I think my walls are just plywood over a dense foam core.
Ellen (and Tucker of course!), traveling in "Joy," a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

http://www.JoyfulMeanderings.wordpress.com

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby Liz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 am

Great storage solutions! Bill is very creative; you both are.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:12 pm

I love these ideas! It makes me realize how lazy I am to just put up with moving tons of little plastic bins and boxes around all the time instead of actually having secure storage for most of the things. You have made Jenny into a prefectly organized, comfortably usable rig with no wasted spaces! Thanks for making this post----I will need to refer to it frequently as I get motivated!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Wonderful post...as soon as I think up any great I ideas
I will post about them lol ;)
donna
grammynmaggie

Postby asirimarco » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 am

Really weird - I just had to go through this post and fix all the pictures - some how several of them were repeats??????? and the actual picture I was talking abouty was GONE. What is photobucket up to now? Hope it stays fixed.
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:27 am

well thank you for fixing cause when I looked at it before some of the pics didn't even show up. Now I'm all straightened out. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 am

Question? How does Bill figure how how much "depth" he has to screw stuff into/onto walls without damaging anything? I know that on most rigs the walls are made of practically nothing.... I have used the hooks that are put up with adhesive but have stopped short of putting up a couple of other items (which of course I already have. :roll: ) until I have more confidence that I am not piercing something that should not be pierced. :? Suggestions, anyone?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs