Introducing Joy (aka I Can Do It! Part 2)

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Introducing Joy (aka I Can Do It! Part 2)

Postby Roadweaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 am

Ellen, Congratulations and WOW!!! I love JOY.
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby Travelinana » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

Ellen, you rascal...can't blame you, sometimes keeping your 'Joy' to yourself before the big announcement is the right thing. When I was buying my White Hawk, I kept looking out that window at a Grey Hawk and kept saying to myself 'no, Nancy you need to do exactly what you are doing, stop looking out there'. I really wanted to keep my truck, I love my truck and yes I know my truck days will end someday but not yet...I wish I could be among the first at the gtg to see her..too far this year...next year with no house to downsize and sell I plan to head that way. One day we will expect you to load up 'Joy' and head eastward.
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Roadweaver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Ellen,
Joy is absolutely beautiful.. Congratulations.
Everyone else probably knows but how did you come up with the name of Joy?
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Roadweaver

Postby ellenw » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 am

Louise - When Catherine (cnq50b) introduced her new van, we tossed around "abandon" and I mentioned "joyous abandon." From that I just starting thinking about the feelings I have about RVing -- joy, carefree abandon, and so on. While I don't normally name my vehicles, I wanted my first RV to reflect how I felt. Thus, "Joyful Abandon," or just "Joy."
Ellen (and Tucker of course!), traveling in "Joy," a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

http://www.JoyfulMeanderings.wordpress.com

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby ellenw » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 am

Nancy - Be sure to let us northwesterns know when you're coming out here. And yes, some cross-country travel is definitely in my future. My family has been giving me books for the last few years about US travel and my sister and BIL just sent RV Vacations for Dummies. I daydream about starting on page 1 of each of these books and working my way through them. :roll: :D

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby Roadweaver » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 am

ellenw wrote:Nancy - Be sure to let us northwesterns know when you're coming out here. And yes, some cross-country travel is definitely in my future. My family has been giving me books for the last few years about US travel and my sister and BIL just sent RV Vacations for Dummies. I daydream about starting on page 1 of each of these books and working my way through them. :roll: :D

Sounds good to me. Go for it
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Roadweaver

Postby Roadweaver » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:40 am

ellenw wrote:Nancy - Be sure to let us northwesterns know when you're coming out here. And yes, some cross-country travel is definitely in my future. My family has been giving me books for the last few years about US travel and my sister and BIL just sent RV Vacations for Dummies. I daydream about starting on page 1 of each of these books and working my way through them. :roll: :D

Sounds good to me. Go for it
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Roadweaver

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 am

Ellen,, Joy is a bundle alright.. she looks awesome and you'll love all the great places now that will be popping up on your lists..and the GTGs...You will have a blast..and boot camp should be really fun too... Remember you all have to take these pictures for all us nosy peoples...LOL

Again.. I'm just catching up on posts and big Congrats on that beauty...

God Bless
Zeee and Critters 3
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby cnq50b » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Ellen, I am sooooo, sooooo happy for you!!!! And Joy is a perfect name - not just for your rig but for you! :D Your pic also seems so joyful - you two will be quite the pair. :D
I really hope to meet you & Joy sometime. It's funny that once we actually get our vehicles (just can't get to calling mine a 'rig'), that we look forward to breaking free from our day-to-day routine & roam.
So happy for you - 'rejoice & be glad' - your time for some 'joyful abandon' has come! :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Birdie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:29 pm

That is so great. You are going to love having your home on wheels. Now just take your time and think about what you need...just like when you go on vacation and then add a little. Food, water, your daily drugs, toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates and plastic 'silverware' and kitchen things - knives, openers, cooking things, plastic baggies, soap walmart sacks (for trash) and add you clothing - think vacation. Now one important thing is plastic or cash and know that there will be a store somewhere down the road for the things you really do need that you forgot, except your drugs.

So keep that silly smile on your face, keep on giggling and get ready to take Joy out for her initial spin.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Cougarfan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:45 pm

My Mom and I stopped by the dealership and met Joy this afternoon on our way out of town. It is a beautiful rv!!! We didn't want to distract Ellen from the walk-thru so we hit the road. I love the floor plan and the interior and exterior colors are great!

I told Ellen I couldn't wait 7 days to see it :lol:

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby ellenw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:46 am

Laura, you are so sweet to post this. Thank you! I think she's pretty special. :) It was good to see you and Ann again. Only 6 more days now!

Right now she's safely tucked in for the night in her new indoor storage bay. The bay has power (20A), so she's plugged in. See my "Starting to Panic" post in General Talk for an update on the last couple of days.

No mishaps so far (9 hours into ownership), but there's a large yellow post opposite the storage bay door. I'm hoping not to become too intimate with it as I don't think bright yellow will go well with Joy's lovely paint. ;) We'll see.

Once I feel more organized on the inside (both Joy and me!), I'll get some pix. Promise! Thanks all for your support. It's been extremely reassuring.

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby cpatinjones » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Congratulations! She is a real beauty! :)
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Ladyhawk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 pm

She's beautiful! Love your seating area much better than mine. Hope you have a ton of fun. (I'm so excited for you!)
Amy and Bobby
Ladyhawk

Postby Lynn2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:04 am

Ellen! Knew i was missing something when I read today about you "driving" back to Spokane. Really beautiful! I like the layout. Can't wait to see it at the gtg next week. Safe driving. I know what you mean about nerves. I'll just say what everyone keeps saying to me. "Just take it slow".
My rescue dogs and me
2000 Artic Fox 24-5N
1996 F250 PST diesel
Lynn2

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs