First pics of my 'van' - finally added some inside pics

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: First pics of my 'van' - finally added some inside pics

Postby cnq50b » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for the idea, Beth. I was thinking of using comforters, but I took some blankets out there tonight & they do a great job & will be alot easier to wash up when needed.
And yes, Sharon, I do love my Sierra. We were introduced to German Shepherds by someone we stayed with for a time in Bolivia. When I told her we would be returning to the states, she told me to get a house with a fenced yard & get a GS - best advice ever! She's been a great guardian for the kids especially since they came home from school by themselves. You never know who she might have persuaded to not approach our house. ;)
She is so intelligent & caring - a little on the over-protective side, but as she's aged this isn't as much of a problem anymore. I haven't taken her beyond the house much so I'll start out slowly to see how she socializes at campgrounds. :)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 am

cnq50b wrote:Thanks for the idea, Beth. I was thinking of using comforters, but I took some blankets out there tonight & they do a great job & will be alot easier to wash up when needed.

You're welcome. I got the idea from another rver who always let me visit with Peaches and I felt guilty about the fur Peaches would leave behind. She said, look at my furniture - all covered in soft blankets - just like I know have. Cheap, soft, blankets - wash wonderfully. And I think they look good. Not something that will make House Beautiful - but I'm happy :) Oh, and they can come off and be shaken outside in between washes - works great.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Dawn309 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:50 am

I keep a throw folded up and on the bottom of my couch for the same reason. I live with dogs and the throw can just be thrown in the washer too. Anyone's dog is welcome in my rig. Shedding can be cleaned up and is not a reason to miss out on a great visit. When I still had my house, all my friends dogs were welcome.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby Redwahine » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Curious question. How tall is the head room in your Van?
Redwahine

Postby linann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

The inside is even more gorgeous than the exterior. After seeing how you take your parent's photos along, I will do the same. Nice idea!
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby cnq50b » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Red,
According to the spec sheet, the interior height is 6'1". Perfect for me - a little short for some of my brothers - but hey, they probably won't be traveling with me :D
Thanks, Linda. Got this idea from a friend of mine. I know they were behind me getting this vehicle in the first place - working on the deal from above while I handled it down here. ;) It's nice feeling they are with me in my travels.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Love your new "toy" and the dog is a beauty.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 am

Great looking van and Sierra is beautiful. For my Labs, I used a soft muzzle at some campgrounds if there were a lot of small dogs that would often bark and charge at us. When I saw that things were okay and took them off.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby LadyTexan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:01 pm

What a cool looking van! Thanks for sharing all the pics with us. I'm still in the 'dreaming' stage, but I am starting to get serious about looking and deciding what I want. I'm leaning towards something similar to yours, so your photos come in handy.
LadyTexan

Postby cnq50b » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Glad the photos help, LadyTexan. :)
I am very happy about the spacious feel in the sofa/bed area - especially in a sprinter van. I also like the strength of the engine - it just feels like it will go on & on forever... it is diesel though so you have to get used to the slow starts. ;)
What I wasn't ready for: how much I feel the wind & pull of semi's passing & how much slower I drive it than my minivan. :lol:
Definitely spend some time in the ones you are interested in & take them for a drive.
My daughter & I saw this model at an RV show years ago & immediately loved it - I'm delighted to finally own one. :D
Now I just need to get it out on the road...
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs