What's In A Name?

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

What's In A Name?

Postby monik7 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Having just joined this forum, I've been told that most everyone names their rig. I have no idea what to name mine. Is there a process any of you have gone thru to come up with a name? Or did it just pop into your head? I'm stumped and haven't been able to come up with anything. Really don't want her to be nameless. I've never had trouble naming my animals, but have never named a vehicle before. I realize it's a personal choice, but any suggestions on how I should go about this would be greatly appreciated.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: What's In A Name?

Postby JudyJB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 pm

I always had trouble even naming animals.

You certainly don't have to have a name. Mine does not, although I do say sometimes that is drives like a beast, but that's just descriptive.

Later on, maybe a name will come to you. No sense forcing it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby Redwahine » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Everyone has their own reasons about how and why they name their rigs. It's like naming and Christening a boat. I like to look at RVs as land yachts :D Some name it similar to the brand name or madel name of rhe rig. Some use a name that has special significance to them. Some refer to a nick name they were/are called or a reference to your personality or a mood you want. Your rig is a Navion. What is Navion?

The Navion is a United States single-engine, four-seat aircraft originally designed and built by North American Aviation in the 1940s. The Navion was envisioned as an aircraft that would perfectly match the expected postwar boom in civilian aviation, since it was designed along the general lines of, and by the same company which produced the North American P-51 Mustang, generally regarded as one of the best Allied fighter aircraft.

So the Navion was a special aircraft in history and today's owners treasure them and rehab them and fly them proudly in air shows, races, fly ins, etc....is there anything you can relate to in that??

Navioncs is a computerized form of navigation....Something to do with navigating toward.... Because I lived in Hawaii most of my life I would probably find a term in Hawaiian that meant to seek, or search or soar if I had a Navion :D

Hope this helps a little. As you think about it and spend time in her, the name will come to you!!!
Redwahine

Postby ellenw » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 am

Another thought is to reference the "feeling" she gives you... Freedom, Escape, Adventurer, Just For Me (JFM, Jeffum :? ), Setting Loose (SL, Essel). See what I mean? I plan to play around with words and wait till something jumps back at me and says, "Hi, you called my name?"

Tucker had about 6 different names in the first 3 days I had him, and "Tucker" was one of them. There were a few reasons it wasn't right, and yet inexplicably I kept coming back to it. Finally I gave up, and gave in to the name and it has fit him ever since. People even tell me "he looks like a Tucker." What the heck does that mean?? :roll: Anyway, my new baby - whenever she comes into my life - will remain nameless until the right name comes to me, if ever.
Ellen (and Tucker of course!), traveling in "Joy," a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

http://www.JoyfulMeanderings.wordpress.com

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 am

My Class C was Gertie the Gulfstream and now my B is Rosie the Roadtrek. I once named a dog Sasha - you try and say "Sasha sit" fast. Her name ended up being Sheba.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby ellenw » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ellen (and Tucker of course!), traveling in "Joy," a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

http://www.JoyfulMeanderings.wordpress.com

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby Redwahine » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Redwahine

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 am

retiredhappy wrote:...I once named a dog Sasha - you try and say "Sasha sit" fast. Her name ended up being Sheba.

I just choked on my salad!

mitch5252

Postby Sandersmr » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 am

mitch5252 wrote:
retiredhappy wrote:...I once named a dog Sasha - you try and say "Sasha sit" fast. Her name ended up being Sheba.

I just choked on my salad!

Why is Mitch eating salad for breakfast?

Mine is the Land Dinghy. I have a friend who called her Class A behemoth the Land Yacht and I said mine was way too small to be called a yacht - hence the Land Dinghy.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby sharon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 am

Never named any of the rv's we had when DH was alive, but when I traded in our 40ft for this 34ft, she named herself....Hope. As in Hope I can drive her all the way to Alaska, Hope I like her and she likes me, Hope I don't have any trouble....well, guess you get the picture. Actually, I hated her until I got the front end aligned. :D When I bought the new jeep in Tx last year, her name just came to me...Libby the Liberty. When I had to give her back and took possesion of the new one it just doesn't seem like Libby to me even tho it's the same make and model and so far doesn't have a name. Maybe because Libby had chrome side view mirrors and this one doesn't? :?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:58 am

Sandersmr wrote:Why is Mitch eating salad for breakfast?

Chubby diabetics have limited choices...

mitch5252

Postby sharon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

The salad's working, she ain't chubby. :D
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:32 pm

sharon wrote:The salad's working, she ain't chubby. :D

Why, ain't you sweet!
But I already knew that.

mitch5252

Postby monik7 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:38 pm

You guys are a hoot!!! Guess I'll just wait and see if anything comes to mind that seems appropriate. No hurry, I guess. Thanks for all the great suggestions and information. With my animals, a name has always just popped into my mind as soon as I first saw them. Hasn't happened with the Navion, but I'm sure she won't mind.

Hey, I think it just happened :) . How does Dream Traveler sound? Or is that corny? Not exactly a personal name, but describes what I'm hoping this addition to my life will provide.

Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Redwahine » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:07 pm

DREAMER. !?!
Redwahine

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs