Added Fireplace to Alfa

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Added Fireplace to Alfa

Postby asirimarco » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am

While on our last trip we met a couple with an Alfa like ours. They had added a fireplace and enclosed a useless area in the bedroom. So of course we thought those were wonderful ideas. Bill has been working in Alfie since we got her back from the RV place where we also had solar panels installed. The fireplace is in and the cupboard doors are in, still need to put the shelving in and still need to clean the area but...
The area it goes into (behind the chair under the big window) before it was just a big storage space that you got into by lifting the top shelf - what ever you put in there just disappeared or was forgotten
Figuring out how to do it - set fireplace into storage area and add doors
Fireplace is in place, even has brick in front of it
electric but looks really good and throws out just enough heat to take the chill off.
lifting top of unit to show new shelf
what it looks like now - still need to clean and put in inside shelves
now he is working on the space in the bedroom - sure keeping him busy - I'm just sewing some of those towels that you hang on the knobs to wipe your hands on when working in the kitchen, They are hard to find in stores any more.
Little by little we are getting ready to take off.
asirimarco

Re: Added Fireplace to Alfa

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 am

Oh, I love that! I can't imagine what it would have been like getting anything out of that space before. Now, you have a great little fireplace, and the rest would make a wonderful liquor cabinet LOL - I say that because I have only one place in here I can put taller bottles, and it's in my linen closet :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:06 am

excellent idea - tall bottles, going to run downstairs and tell him right now before he makes shelves - many thanks
asirimarco

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 am

Ooooh, I love the fireplace and cabinet. Why can't the designers think up some of these ideas? Would you consider loaning your husband out? I'm sitting here looking around to see if there's anyplace I could put a fireplace and darn it, there isn't.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm

It really is fun going to the Alfa Rallys and see what everyone has done to the inside of their RV's, Lorna is so crafty and a sweetie to boot! Glad you got to meet her & Larry.
We took out the 13 inch TV in nthe kitchen and put my cook books up there. I'd like to put a door on it. Maybe I can talk Gill into putting a stained glass insert in the door.
Looks good! Wish I could get Dan to be as crafty. My goal this winter is the back patio and walk ways in Yuma.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:06 pm

Wonderful idea ....Great job! Looks like Bill did a perfect job!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:58 pm

great job, I'd love to remodel the space under my tv, right now I think its alot of
wasted area, the way its designed.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Show off your Rigs