New to me RV about to happen

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: New to me RV about to happen

Postby mtngal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am

WOW congratulations! Happy travels in your new rig!!!!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Travelinana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am

I decided to take everything out of Destiny. If by some chance the WB isn't what they say it is I will most likely be flying home.. :cry: The couple buying her are so nice..They offered me a room at their house since I will arrive too late Tues to go to Myrtle Beach. They even sent me a picture. It is a grand suite. Wow, they can afford a much better RV I'm sure but I think she is their 'try it out' one to see if they like rv travel. I have a very interested person in Charlotte NC on down the road. If this falls apart I have another shot at selling it. Isn't that just the strangest thing? How many times does this happen? I do recommend RV Trader for anyone trying to buy or sell. I like RV Online but I don't think they get nearly the visitors, however, they are more reasonably priced.
Back to unloading Destiny. I was on the verge of tears as I worked. I also couldn't believe what I had in her. I use clear containers for all my clothes that I'm slowly selling (it was a divorce thing, spent all my time at the consignment store). I unloaded a dozen of them and I still put some soft things in garbage bags. I will not put all that back in the WB. I will just carry a few water jugs to flush and spit bath (might stay in motel) empty my tanks and check my mileage and see how much better it is on this trip to NC. I was one tired puppy as it was pretty warm too. Today I will put new tires on her. My friend who details will make her beautiful tomorrow. They paid my asking price and I said I would put new tires on.
I would like to add something. I believe in the golden rule. I try to pass something on in the best shape I possible can, clean and good mechanical order be it house, rv, car, etc. In my life I have lived in many previously owned or used places, bought many vehicles, various other items and only one time did I get what I would have passed onto them and that was my son's truck. I know him and he would have done this for anyone. It kind of makes me proud that maybe I did something right.
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:52 am

Congrats Nancy! You sure lucked out. Hope all is as expected. Safe travels.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Irmi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

I am so excited for you!
Irmi

Postby Travelinana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks all for sharing my enthusiasm before the fact. Plans changed a little as I will have to drive to nearest larger town for my tires tomorrow morning. The detailing will be left to me as they were going to do it tomorrow. I've been working in it and it now looks so good and smells good too. I left a scentzy going in it for awhile. I will have to go through a Beacon Truck Wash Monday or Tues morn before I get there. Have any of you used them? When my ex and I were in trucking we went through them quite often. It really needs one of those procedures they do on fiberglass boats which is somewhat like sandblasting the surface, very expensive, sorry I won't be doing this for them.
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Birdie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Nancy, remember stuff happens and it happens for a reason. Don't worry it around too much. It will be in tip top shape mechanically and with new tires they can give it a nice welcome home polish. You know, it gives them something to do. You have a great time on the road and be careful. Praying for a safe journey in all ways for you.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Getupngo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Love serendipity. Can't wait to see your new rig.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby linann » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Very excited how everything is working out so well for you. Keep posting so we can all share in this adventure with you.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby JoanE » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Great Karma!!
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby Travelinana » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 am

I'm almost embarrassed to admit 'new to me didn't happen'. I had Destiny unloaded, even started the trip and down the road we started talking. This couple is older than me. I ask if they had been looking at motor homes this size. They said no, had just always wanted a Chinook. I 'again' explained the bed situation and I could tell they started having second thoughts. I then told them to think this out, that I was going to come back home. I did call the man in Charlotte and he had found another Chinook over the weekend and bought it. It had fewer miles but he spent quite abit more. I think he was a little sorry but oh well!
I stopped and walked around the inside of Destiny thinking, thinking, etc. I had just pulled over, she fit right in with the other cars and trucks at Walmart as she always has. I sat on the sofa, propped my feet on the booth cushion like I always do, laid down on the sofa and almost fell asleep, then I said 'What am I doing, this motorhome is about as perfect for me as is possible. I now have her scheduled for a cleaning, buffing and polishing. The enterior is fine..I might get new carpet. While on the subject of the floor, I know many of you have put in wood and vinyl. I have laminate in my home which I do love and is perfect with animals but I am a barefoot hillbilly much of the time. I don't like the feel of 'grit' on the floor. I think in my rv I would rather just vacuum and shampoo occasionally.
So thanks for sharing the fun! It's still fun but different fun! Serendipity still happened....
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby sharon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 am

Everything happens for a reason and a saying I still have trouble with. This was meant to be for whatever reason. If you're happy with Destiny....then there ya go! There have been times I've questioned my choice of having such a large rv, but I do love her and am willing to put up with the sometimes PITA of getting fuel and finding cg's. At the time I was still reeling from Jack's death, we had had a big rv for years, I was heading out for a 6 month trip and thought that was what I needed. I see now that I would have been fine in a smaller one, but I love the amenities I have. The 100 gal water tank comes in handy when I'm boondocking for long periods! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:57 am

It has been stated on the forum many times you have to live in a unit that fits you. No matter the brand or style. If it feels good, and your happy then it is right. Just like buying shoes, if they fit and your happy that is all that matters, somebody else's shoes might pinch your toes. :lol: :lol:
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby JoanE » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 pm

It is a woman's right to change her mind as often as she needs to. If Destiny is going to continue down the road with you, that is great. If that situation changes later, that is great too. Whatever is working for you is what you need to do. I would not be embarrassed about anything. Great traveling with your buffed up Destiny!
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Amazing how things just work out for the best..good for you!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Serendipity for sure.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs