LJ Peterlin's Vista

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

LJ Peterlin's Vista

Postby Ljpeterlin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCj6ym0733c

This may a bit long, but hopefully you will check it out...
LJ Peterlin
www.Ljpeterlin.com

"Life's a dance, you learn as you go,
Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow."
Ljpeterlin

Re: LJ Peterlin's Vista

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Good job - it was fun following you around the rv :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Nice rig! Thanks for the tour! Can't wait to follow you on your travels. It's snowing here too...ugh.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Excel » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Wow! Looks like a perfect floorplan & plenty of storage areas. Very, very nice RV that should fill all your needs. I'm impressed...by the way, how long is it?
Anyhow, enjoyed your video & wish you many years of happy & safe adventures...
Excel

Postby Ljpeterlin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks gals for checking it out.

It also has several bays outside, but it was too cold to try to show them!

Without the Scooter, it is 26ft. 11 inches...lol, which makes me laugh, why not 27 ft.?
But with the scooter, probably 28ft.

I really do love it!
LJ Peterlin
www.Ljpeterlin.com

Ljpeterlin

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Levita - Thanks for sharing the video of your new home on wheels. It's pretty neat. You are all set to head out!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Laveda - Just read part of your blog - I'm so glad to hear that you made your sons & all males take off their hats at the table. Just can't understand why so many men wear their hats all the time even when out to dinner in a restaurant - YUK!! Good for you.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 pm

I am so jealous!! The scooter put me over the top. I am a lot older than you, but I have always wanted a scooter ever since I was in college in the early 60s. I still have two years of working before I can afford to do what you are doing, but I was thinking of getting a little red scooter and putting it on the back, just as you have done. My grown kids think this grandma is crazy, but maybe I will still do it.

How do you get the scooter on and off? Does it have a ramp of sorts? Could someone who is my age (i'm 67 now) do it??? I ride a bike still at my age, but I have two replaced knees, and I am not very strong.

You are doing absolutely the right thing at your age. My parents planned to travel but like your friend, waited too long and never saved the money to do so.

Take two years, not just one.

JudyJB
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Very nice tour...you have set a high standard for the rest of us when someone says "Show us your rig!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Great living space.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby dayspring39 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:22 pm

What a nice MH you have and an excellent tour you gave us... thank you...
Kathleen
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Forestgal » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Very fun! :)

You mentioned liking the shower ... I have to suggest taking a look at an Oxygenics showerhead. I know, I'm a broken record, but the most important part of my day is my shower. I'm not fit to be around if I don't get a shower because I'm so cranky. Would much rather have than than a cup of coffee in the morning.

Anyway, the Oxygenics showerhead is a water-saver and puts out more pressure than you can imagine, even if you're just using your in-house water pump. It was the best mod I've ever done to one of my rigs, and when the day comes to get another rig (probably when I retire) that'll be the first change I make.

You can order them through Amazon or find them at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Thanks for sharing with us. It'll be fun to go along with you when you hit the road.

Laura -- and Jed
Forestgal

Postby Ljpeterlin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks you all for watching the video. The new video camera was so easy to use, I think there will be many shorter videos being posted.

Linda, glad you appreciate the no hats rule; I have a feeling my kids somethimes think I am old fashioned, but my daughter's boyfriend, who was never told this has gotten it down pretty well. I can just look his way if he looks like he may have forgotten and he knows!

Judy, I hope you read my blog about the scooter, because it has the whole story...it is called "The scooter" and it tells a lot about how I got this scooter...I LOVE that scooter. The ramp was quite the ordeal, and honestly, I am worried I may need help at some point getting it back up onto the ramp. This particular model is called a tilt-ramp, and it is very easy to get off, but to get it up, it is a bit hard, and if there is ice or wet, I may need some help. There was a LOT of deliberation on this ramp and several models rejected, one was installed and I didn't like it. This one seems the easiest for me. In looking for the ramp, I found a no-jack knife trailer which I would consider if I was not opposed to pulling something behind me. Mainly because, with nobody to spot you, I like being able to pull in and back out of anywhere I go, without worrying about a trailer...so long answer, I am lifting weights so I can be sure I can get it back on, and if I do need to ask a gentleman for help once in a while, then I guess I will!

Maybe once I am in warm weather I will set up my video camera on a tripod and video myself taking the scooter off and then putting it back on, hopefully! And you can see for yourself.

Laura, thanks for the Oxygenics showerhead referral, I am always looking for better ideas, so I may head over to the Bed Bath and Beyond and check that out!

Appreciate all the responses.
Laveda
LJ Peterlin
www.Ljpeterlin.com

Ljpeterlin

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 am

I traveled with a scooter on the back for a little over a year. Miss my scooter. I do not miss getting it on or off. I couldn't do either by myself, and as I like to boondock a lot, there were many times I couldn't use it. I have a rule now - I HAVE to be able to do those things all by my little lonesome. So, should I ever get a scooter again, I'll have to rethink how it gets put on the back. (I had to slightly tilt the scooter towards me to put it on or off because of my spare tire - and that I couldn't do while wheeling it either way. ONCE, my g/f's hubby did it alone taking it off, and he said, never, ever again for even him.) Hope you can get yours to the point you can handle it alone easily. I'd probably spend the bucks next time and get the electronic lift. All that said - enjoy it - they sure are fun.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:52 am

Great tour, Laveda. Beautiful rig with lots of storage.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Redetotry » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 am

Beautiful rig, thanks for the tour looks just perfect. I also like a TV in the bedroom.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs