LJ Peterlin's Vista

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: LJ Peterlin's Vista

Postby Ljpeterlin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:20 am

I would not be comfortable if I thought I could not get the scooter on or off alone either. My ExH could do it easily, and I did it, although it was hard to do, I can do it. I worry if there is water, or something and the ramp is slick, I might need help. I bought some of that traction paper to adhere to the track of the ramp, but waiting to get to warmer weather to put it on. This scooter is a big one, if it was smaller, it would be a breeze. The tilting mechanism is very clever and makes it so much better than the ones I have seen where you have a ramp up to the actual carrier. That was the kind a guy put on, and I made him take it off and leave, because with the height of the hitch, at the top, the handlebars were way above my head! This one, the carrier tilts to make the ramp and once you reach the tipping point, it leans forward...not sure if that makes sense? Anyway, I will report back after a few outings and let you all know if I am driving the scooter around for show, or if I am actually taking it off and using it!
LJ Peterlin
www.Ljpeterlin.com

"Life's a dance, you learn as you go,
Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow."
Ljpeterlin

Postby flick4411 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 am

Nice video tour, Laveda. If we were to park near each other, we'd look like "Winnebago sistahs"!! Somewhat similar rigs--yours a Class A and mine a Class C. I seriously considered the Vista, but I wasn't comfortable in the wide open cockpit of the Class A. Guess I need the cocoon feeling of the C! The inside layout is different but the finishes are exactly like mine. I love all that wood; and the TVs are nice too aren't they? I know, it's not all about watching TV when you are camping, but I, like you, will be living in mine for a while and will need contact with news and the occasional show when parked. It's a lovely rig; I know you're going to continue to have great times in her. Thanks for sharing!

OBTW, I got the Oxygenic shower head from Amazon (a bit cheaper than in the store) and put it on my shower here at home to test it out. I love it!! I have no water pressure in this house, but this shower head somehow makes pressure happen. Will transfer it to the rig when I leave this house next spring. In the meantime, it's the one for me in the house!!

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am

Wow, what an exciting "showing off your rig" post!! You did really well, and your rig is soooo nice!!
I wish you many happy travels in it.
AlmostThere

Postby JudyJB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Just checked your blog about the scooter. Sounds like a bit more than I will be able to manage, but do keep us updated as you travel and let us know if you find an easier method.

I did check into (at least online) several electric bikes/scooters. They are lighter in weight and could be laid on their sides.

I will be thinking about you on your scooter!

JudyJB
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby cpatinjones » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi,

Enjoyed the video tour of you RV. Thanks for sharing.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Ljpeterlin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks everyone for taking a look...and to my "Winnebago Sista" I originally was going to get a View, so I am a fan of the class C as well. I just saw the Vista and it was like when Wrigley picked me, it just felt like it was the right thing for me!!

Hope to get to see you all at some point!
LJ Peterlin
www.Ljpeterlin.com

"Life's a dance, you learn as you go,
Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow."
Ljpeterlin

Postby JanetA » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 pm

hi, LJ! haven't talked to you before but I feel I know ya now, after watching your video of your rig.. Also, gotta say,, makes me want one all the more! yours is PERFECT!

have a great time in it,, summer's a-comin and time to get out and about!

Have a safe and FUN trip and if ever you're in tx... give me a hollar!

JanetA
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 am

That tour was better than some pros have managed online! I love the setup of your rig! When/if I can ever find a time when the interior of my trailer is in shape for guests, I will have to try a video of that space! Thanks for the tour!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs