Ziggy and Rambo

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Ziggy and Rambo

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Ziggy is pretty inside & outside. Rambo's nice too. Where are you heading to after Oregon??

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby flick4411 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm sure you've already told us, but somewhere I didn't see it, but where is this place. I will be wanting to head down to Oregon for some vaca time after my move back to WA...and $250 per month sounds terrific. Sorry to make ya repeat yourself, but I have CRS disease! :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

You should be very comfy in your rig.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 am

Beautiful set up, and I, too, would like to know where that campground is----it looks great to me, and the price is wonderful!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 am

Li, here is the campground info she posted:

kdmac wrote:This RV Park is called "Netarts by the Bay RV Park and Marina". Somewhat of a misnomer as the marina only consists of a boat launch for smaller aluminum outboards into the bay only at high tide...they go out and set there crab pots then go out later in the day and pick them up. There is no access to the ocean as the bar is considrered too dangerous and shallow.The gal (she's real sweet) and her husband that run this place is all set up to cook your crab for a nominal fee on the patio by the office. so, there it's not a typical marina, no boat slips, etc.

The RV park is, shall I say, a bit rundown. But, the price sure is right at $250 per month. I find it a great location for my excusions north and south. The bathroom and laundry facilities are clean and in good shape.
AlmostThere

Postby kdmac » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Sorry about not seeing the posts that had questions I don't seem to as on top of the posts as quickly as other people are. Guess I am "post" challenged.

This RV Park is on Netarts Bay on the upper 1/3 of the Oregon coast. As I have traveled about on day excusions I see that it really is one of the better parks and located nicely on the bay...with ocean beaches just 1/2 mile away. You can hear the ocean cuz it's straight out from the park with a sand bar between. These bays are really just arms of the ocean coming into shallow depressions behind sandbars or at river deltas, not like a "sound" but still make for a pretty setting.

These owners are real good people. I needed my propane tanks filled and it was their day off. I had the tanks tied in my truck ready to head for town and he came down when I wasn't looking and filled them up and hooked them back up for me...what a fine fellow; I was very grateful.

The next question was "Where am I headed after this?" (BTW, I tried the "quote" mechanism and it wouldn't work for me. I've done it before...guess I am "quote challenged" too. Anyway, my plan is to head out of here in late March or early April to St George or Cedar City Utah and find a place there, then drive the truck alone (unless gas prices are reasonable) through all the canyonlands, up to Moab, just do the whole circle, slowly and take the three or four months to do it then head down to Arizona and boondock outside of Quartszite for the entire winter. May move around to other parts of Arizona if I get tired of Crystal Hill, Quartszite. I would love to spend my winter in Mexico but I have never done it and going alone may not be too smart.

If anyone knows of BLM land or other Federal land near the canyonlands where I can boondock I would prefer to do that. Something strategically located so I can get a good part of the parks explored before moving on to another boondock area to explore the rest of the parks.
kdmac

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Just go out there - you'll find places to boondock. At least I did and didn't have a clue how to back then :) But there are several websites now to help also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Forestgal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:45 am

kdmac wrote:The next question was "Where am I headed after this?" (BTW, I tried the "quote" mechanism and it wouldn't work for me. I've done it before...guess I am "quote challenged" too. Anyway, my plan is to head out of here in late March or early April to St George or Cedar City Utah and find a place there, then drive the truck alone (unless gas prices are reasonable) through all the canyonlands, up to Moab, just do the whole circle, slowly and take the three or four months to do it then head down to Arizona and boondock outside of Quartszite for the entire winter. May move around to other parts of Arizona if I get tired of Crystal Hill, Quartszite. I would love to spend my winter in Mexico but I have never done it and going alone may not be too smart.

Okay, maybe I'm "date challenged". ;) But I'm trying to figure out your timeline. We're in winter right now, but you're in Oregon. You're going to Utah in March/April & stay 3-4 months, then to Arizona for the winter. Next winter? Where are you going for the summer? I think you might find that part of the country a bit warm during the late spring/early summer. Have I missed a post somewhere about the in-between time? :?

Laura -- and Jed
Forestgal

Postby kdmac » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 am

Laura, My plans are pretty loose but the general plan is to stay here at this RV park in Oregon until the end of March or mid April, weather depending. Then do a slow trip across Nevada on hwy 50 into Utah (stopping where I want for a s long as I want) down to St George or Cedar City Utah, or wherever I decide in that general area. From there I will spend May through August exploring all of the canyonlands and hopefully finding a magnificent place to move my trailer to such as around Moab or whatever I find that is wonderful. In all that time in the canyonlands I expect to have an intimate knowledge of the area by the time I leave. But, then in early September I will head down to the Four Corners area and explore there for three weeks, or so. Then on down to Quartzsite and stay there (and probably other parts of Arizona) for the winter (of 2011). If it's still unbearably hot in Arizona in September I will just have to bear it and wait for it to finally subside.

This is all just a plan of attack for now but many things will change. I think the gas prices should be pretty bad this summer so I won't be able to explore every road, nook, and cranny like I always have.
kdmac

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:44 am

Utah is fairly big, and a gorgeous state - don't skip all the northern areas to see! St. George is almost the far south of Utah. Plus it takes time to get from one area to another. I highly recommend moving everything to different areas to explore from time to time. One base of operations and you won't see nearly as much. And you have the time! When you go into AZ, I highly recommend you spend time at Canyon de Chelly- one of my absolute favorite places. AND it has a free campground. No hookups, but an actual cg - with water available and I think I remember a dump station - I think you can only stay 5 days - but again, highly recommend it. I have been to the Grand Canyon several times in my life. I think I prefer Canyon de Chelly - for many reasons.

Yes, you can have central areas to visit from - but don't make them too far apart - you have the tt - use it! I'd move every week or so exploring Utah, etc. If you like the Moab area, you could stay there longer. Unless you offroad, that's an area I stayed in less time. You have the time, don't overplan the trip - but do keep all these options open.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby froggi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:50 am

Most of Utah is pretty cold and can be very snowy in March, April and even May. We were in Zion in early May, very nice for a couple days. Then the weather turned...we stayed in Green River, waiting for a break so we could head to Colorado Springs. We had friends there that were trying to get to Salt Lake City. We both hit snow when we finally left in mid-May. It was even too cold for us to try to see Arches or Moab. So keep a close eye on the weather....springtime in the Rockies is very unpredictable and can be dangerous! The year my late husband and I moved from Colorado Springs back east, we had a hail storm in May that destroyed everything in our yard including webbed lawn furniture. Had to get new shingles and new paint, mall had to have snow plows in to clear the parking lot!
froggi

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs