Foo Foo III is home

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Foo Foo III is home

Postby flick4411 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Well she's home and parked in the driveway...not without a bit of drama however. When I started to pull out from the dealership, I noted the gas tank had less than a 1/4 tank of gas. I'd been told it would be full. So I found the salesguy and asked. He told me that he'd get it filled; he told me to follow him to the gas station. We drove about three miles and turned into a "corporate gas station." We pulled through to the last row of pumps. Alvin, the salesguy, turned in left and drove past the pumps. He got out of his car and pointed left, so I turned too. I didn't check first, and suddenly there's a loud crunch. OH #@$%!!! :shock: I hit a tall cement column that all stations have to keep us from hitting the pumps. There is a fender (bolted on) above the dualy wheel wheel. I rubbed paint and scratched the hell out of it. :cry: Didn't touch the rig itself THANK GOD! I couldn't believe it; I've been in it 10 minues and have already got the first ding! Alvin was pointing at the pump and not giving me turning directions. I learned a valuable lesson...always, always, always check the mirrors. It's fixable; and my neighbor says the local car repair shop up the road can probably do it. Obviously, I will have to get it fixed soonest to avoid the razzing that will come from all my friends. On the way home (about 35 miles), it started to pour. Oh fine! Then finally, I get home, and my neighbor (the semi-truck driver) is out to help me back Foo Foo into the driveway. I follow his directions and her lined up perfectly, and I begin to back up. Well, between the crown in the road, the gutter, and the semi-climb into the driveway, there's another rather loud screeching sound. I'm going ever so slowly, and my neighbor, Sterling, says it's the hitch on the back. So I stop, go forward, then try again...and again, hitting the hitch. So darling Sterling tells me to stay put, goes and gets some plywood and puts it right behind the left tire. Then he says to back up again...the plywood works and I get up over the "hump" and into the driveway. I back her up and stop. We are home. :D And we find that the shore power cable actually reaches from the rig to the outside plug (I did have the 30 amp to 15 amp plug adapter), so now she's on shore power. WHAHOOO!

Isn't she gorgeous?

Next to all those LARGE Class As, it didn't look this big on the lot! OMG that's a big RV!

The first of the inside pictures (will post more tomorrow...after I rest up from the big day today!

Li Lammert
Winnebago Aspect 30C
Cat Owner--or is it Owned by Cats?
(Encino and the Kuwaiti Kitty, Habbibi)
flick4411

Re: Foo Foo III is home

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Whoa - what a time you had getting 'er home. I would have been just sick. But you got home and she's safely tucked in. And now you get to play, play, play! She IS a beauty. Just think of all the cool times you're going to have taking Foo Foo on the road (from the sounds of it, mostly driving it to and from the shop. Aw, just kidding).

Have fun. I'm looking forward to more pictures!

mitch5252

Postby mtngal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:36 pm

WOW! she is beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Diana
mtngal

Postby VickieP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 pm

WOW again! Beautiful! I'm so glad you got it home and earned some experience too! You'll get used to turns, etc. just remember, unless it's somebody who you've got experience with directing you, look for yourself, well, look anyway, because you'll be the best for judging what room you need. I can't wait to see more inside pictures! So happy for ya! :D
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Forestgal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

What a beautiful rig! I'm sorry that your maiden ride was a little(?) traumatic, but frankly, you don't have to worry about getting a boo-boo on Foo Foo now -- it's done and over with. Happens to the best of them.

You'll have a great time nesting and making it your own. Thanks for the pictures, too! Considering your day, I'd say that we're darned lucky we got to see it so soon!

Let the fun begin!

Laura -- and Jed
Forestgal

Postby avalen » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm

she's gorgeous!! I LOVE that floor, no carpet!! Now I want one :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Very nice. With such a long overhang you will have to be careful of drive ways with a steep climb or dip. When I had my 27' Class C I found that I could get in and out of some drives if I took them at an angle instead of strait in. On my last trip I saw a long Class C that tried to pull into a station that had a steep drive and got hung up on the road. When we left they had jacks out trying to jack it up.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby dpf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Gorgeous! More pictures please! Sorry it had to get a booboo the first time out...but like Laura said..at least that's over!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm

What a beauty! So sorry about that first ding...know you were sick about it. But soon the joy of planning your first trip will make that memory fade. It'll make a good campfire story someday.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Beautiful....rest up and be well.....we'll be waiting for those pictures.... :D :D
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Echo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh my..... She's beautiful! :shock:

I am now drooling big time! :roll: ;)

Really looking forward to more pics. Lot's of pics.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby bikerchic777 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Li! I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations! Glad you got Foo Foo home, in spite of the little "incident" :( I'm glad there wasn't much damage. You will DEFINITELY learn from that one!!! Mirrors are your best friends, for sure :D I even recruit strangers for help at gas stations :lol: When I'm by myself, I will roll down my window and ask whoever is at the pump on the other side if they would please do me a favor and have them go back and see if the nozzle reaches my license plate (where my fill is). A friend gave me some good advice. When turning, turn where you want your butt to go (yes, the one you're sitting on). It really does help keep you from cutting corners short! Looking forward to more photos ;) She is a beauty! And I love Winnebagos!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby sharon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! You;ve got the dreaded first boo-boo over and done with and now it's time to play! Make it your own and enjoy!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redetotry » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:01 pm

She is a beauty!!!! I'm so happy for you and sorry about her first boo boo.
Enjoy.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:11 am

Li, She's beautiful. And now that the first ding is out of the way, you won't be always worried about the "first" one. And I must say, you're handling it so well. My new-to-me 2004 car this August - came with dings - which I liked, as then a new one wouldn't upset me so much. Tell me I wasn't upset when a piece of tire smacked into it. Ha - I was furious lol

How did the walk-through go? Did they give you all the info necessary? Are you on overwhelm?

Looking forward to the promised "more" pics :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs