Southern Comfort 2

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Southern Comfort 2

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:01 am

Kitchen area, vinyl flooring

Upper area of kitchen, has microwave and gas oven.

Shower on the left.

Shower to the left, nice size

Bunk bed over the cab, thinking about maybe adding cabinets here.

bedroom

Behind the mirror is the food storage area

Dinnette area

Swivel chair

This is a 31 footer, has the central air and heat that is ducted. Has some great outside storage. This is a 2009, very low mileage. The couch is a fold out bed, got some ideas about things I want to do inside. It has a skylight over the living area with a sunscreen that can be pulled..

Stay tuned for more information as I get her home.

Nan
Gentleladybear

Re: Southern Comfort 2

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 am

Really nice :D :D Oh I can't wait to see how your decorating talent let loose......and make attractive use of all the spaces. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:53 am

Oh Nan, she's a beauty. I'm with Tina, can't wait to see your decorating talent let loose. Happy trails.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:36 am

It's gorgeous! Now let me show you my priorities (to keep hubby happy) - where's the television? :shock:

mitch5252

Postby Getupngo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

How lovely ... nice use of space & lots more room to stretch out. I had a 29-foot Class C with no slide-out. What an amazing difference the slide makes! Looking forward to seeing more pictures from your trips.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby VickieP » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 am

Love your new SC2. And don't limit yourself to outside gator decorations, remember Carolyn will come inside too! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:01 am

I really like it, and I'm with you. I'd convert the overcab bed to storage. If I remember correctly the TV is generally on a swing arm tucked into the right side of the cabover area? I like that that area in my rig, is my entertainment area, but then again, I don't fulltime so that space isn't a premimum. I have just the guy here that could do a bang up job for you! He's the one that took out the heavy old TV my rig came with and built in a flat screen for me. Even angled it down so I could see it better while laying on the sofa/bed.
I am so excited for you, Nan, and look forward to all your re-dos! She's a beauty!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:17 am

I love it. And like the others can't wait for your decorating - cuz I know you sew and do such wonderful things. Me, it'd look almost just the same a year down the road ... hahaha

About the overcab bed. I wouldn't rush to put in cabinets. The reason I say that - is I've discovered I can store more without them. Even blankets, etc - that I can fold up there - then if you want to hide the area, just close the curtain (which I'm sure you'll replace with something prettier. I also have a few things up there that don't fit comfortably in any place else - like my pop-up screen room. Heck, I even have my outside table and chairs up there (which haven't been down since Port Aransas now - but will be again - maybe will take them out for my two months on the beach. Jean has said if she had that area, she'd put in a bar all the way across for more hanging clothes - but that depends on the depth you have. Take your time on building something there until you know what you want to put there. And if you put cabinets, keep lighterweight stuff in them.

Again - love your new SC2. You done good, Nan!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:23 am

Love it and I think like Beth, I could store a heck of a lot of stuff in that big space
normally called a bed. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 am

Since I don't have a hubby, the tv is coming for my enjoyment. Told the kids I need a small one for my bedroom too. I went out and sat in it for a long time yesterday, told the salesman I was nesting. working on some plans in my head about what I want to do. You are right about the arm for the tv is to the right, will use that for awhile until I am sure about what I want to do. But I do like the cabinet idea for the bed area...so send me the man. :lol:

But will keep ya'll updated on what I do for decorations. Gators would work inside Orange and blue would work with that brown. MMMMMM
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Imthebeachgirl » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Oh Nan, congrats, what a nice set up. I am so :mrgreen: ...can't wait to see and hear about all your adventures! Have fun!
Laurie
Imthebeachgirl

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 am

Nan, this is beautiful! Every time I see a Class C, I am wishing I could trade this trailer and my truck for one. It seems I am never satisfied with whatever I get. I just think it would be so much easier to drive around without hauling something behind me. But, then, of course, once I got someplace, and all set up, I would be looking for a car to travel around it! I think maybe Liz has the perfect sized rig-----easy to drive anywhere, can park it anywhere, good on gas, no hauling. I really believe I would travel more often with such a rig.

Sigh-----it's always something! I love your new RV, Nan! Thanks for the pics, too!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 pm

You did good, girl. I love it and the colors are just right. With your imagination I can only imagine what you'll come up with. Looking forward to future travels with you even if we've got the Gator.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Gentleladybear » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Thinking of contacting an artist to paint me a big gator on the back. Now wouldn't that look great????

Wouldn't want you to lose me in the traffic.
:lol:
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AlmostThere

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs