Our "refurbished" Travel Trailer

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Our "refurbished" Travel Trailer

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 pm

You did an incredible job. Did you make those dining chairs with the fish??? I LOVE them.

mitch5252

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Precious! If I was talented lik you, I might have consdiered purchasing a used one remoldel like you did.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Imthebeachgirl » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:50 pm

mitch5252 wrote:You did an incredible job. Did you make those dining chairs with the fish??? I LOVE them.

Mitch, I bought them at a thrift shop, they are the run of the mill, "wedding hall" chairs that looked and felt GROSS! I cleaned them, took off the cushions, sprayed the metal frames, wrapped the cushions with batting and covered them with the fish fabric (which I had a gazillion yards of) and glued some cording around the back areas. Pretty easy...
Imthebeachgirl

Postby bikerchic777 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for sharing those pictures! I love older TTs and the possibilities! If I could have afforded it, I wanted to buy an old Airstream motor home and fix it up. I also like the older buses. Thought about redoing one with all recycled stuff. I've see some TTs done up real nice. I like putting my own personality into my home. I did that with a manufactured home. I removed the strips between the panels and filled and sanded the spaces. Painted all the rooms. Ripped out the carpet and had laminate flooring and installed in the main areas and new carpet in the bedrooms. Tore off the cupboards above the bar to give it a more open feeling. Raised the vanity in the master bath and replaced the double sink with a big single one with new fixtures. Replace the toilet in there with a tall one for my tall legs. It's the only house that I ever sold and made a profit on and that was just last summer :o
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 am

WOW, Linda! Myrtle-----watch out!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby bikerchic777 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I know Soos! If I had money, I could have some fun with Myrtle :D That's the nice part about having an older RV. It's not so scary to change things. I would love to put bamboo flooring in here, but not sure how durable it is with dog toenails. May paint someday, too. It turned out pretty good in the manufactured home and it had similar wall covering. I used a good base coat. Would love to reupholster this dated fabric, too. I'm pretty thrifty, so I'm sure I will figure out a way ;) I already have spray paint to do the drawer pulls so will see how they turn out. Too expensive to buy all new ones.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby ponder53 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Love, love, love your trailer. Since I am new to the forum it is taking me a while to look at all the photos. My hubby and I used to have a 1965 24' Bell that we semi refurbished but got side tracked when the engine blew in out truck. The old tt was so heavy with all the wonderful real wood it killed the truck. We did away with both for a newer truck and camper. We loved it while we had it though. You did a wonderful job. Hope I can see it in person some day.

Linda
Linda & Mikomi
2000 Roadtrek Pop200
"trekn2nowr"
somewhere in the NW
ponder53

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I missed this one... wow what a great job you did... so vey pretty...
Kathleen
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs