My Beautiful Painted Cabinets

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

My Beautiful Painted Cabinets

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:15 am

I DID IT!!!!! I'm done. Don't know why I waited so long. I've always hated the orangey color of the wood and I LOVE the new taupe. Stopped worrying about resale and just went for it. Also helped that there isn't much to do up here in Douglas so gave me plenty of time to paint.

The BEFORE:

The AFTER. Just painted over the gold veined glass.

My daughter sent me this perfect sign for my RV.

So, now what will be my next project? Ummmmmm?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: My Beautiful Painted Cabinets

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:25 am

Karen, they sure did turn out wonderful! And more so because you did it yourself. I think my favorite part is the painting over the glass.

Good thing I don't mind my orangey cabinets (do I sound convincing?) - I'm not a painter but that taupe is gorgeous - would have to hire you at the gtg if I wanted them done :) I am so jealous of all you talented ladies - painting and sewing and doing so much.

But that sign, roflmbo - that made my day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

Karen,

I think your cabinets look great! A definite improvement. And,... the sign,... ain't THAT the truth! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 am

Funny thing about the sign - the ladies LOVE it, the men not so much.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Now I wonder why that is . . . . . . .
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Thanks Alice. The color was a pure accident. I bought what I thought was a light tan. Came home from paint store and painted one cabinet. The next day I went to put the second coat on and it was a completely different color and I liked the first color better. Took the cabinet door with the color I liked to Ace Hardware and they used their paint-matching machine to duplicate the color. As for painting, its not hard, just tedious. I had to lightly sand then used Kilz for the primer coat then two coats of the paint. Lots of taping the walls to protect them, etc. A room is a whole lot easier - not so many cabinets that all the doors and hinges have to be taken off before painting. Ended up spray painting the handles an antique brass rather than replacing - there are 33 handles in this RV. I couldn't believe it when I counted them. At least mine are real wood. I do have the formula for the color if you have an Ace hardware near you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:46 pm

that turned out really good,
I started doing my ceiling with Kilz and on payday I'll get the ceiling paint and get
started on the real thing too. Then on to the walls after that, and of course I'll
post pictures.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mtngal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:57 pm

You did fantastic job Karen, the cabinets looks great! I have been putting off painting my "off white" condo for most of 18 months. Not that I mind the painting so much, but choosing the colors and style! It's pretty much a blank slate, except for tile floors. Finally have decided to go "Santa Fe Zen"! You are my inspiration to get started when I come back from CA in October.....
Diana
mtngal

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Love your cabinets!! You did a wonderful job. Does it feel bigger to you? So much wood makes me feel closed in. I want so bad to redo mine. After I master the slipcovers, & it cools off, I'm painting mine too. :) :) :)

Oh yeah, your sign...made my day!! Perfect finishing touch. :lol:
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:06 am

Karen...You did a great job ! Love the looks of it... and of course how could I not notice that Sign...dear Sista......Was there ever a better saying... I'm sure when a man enters he becomes Humble !!! :roll: :shock: :lol:

God Bless.....where's my brew !!!

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby asirimarco » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:56 pm

cabinets look great - you did a good job. whats next? isn't funny how soon we forget how much work do it yourself is. again GREAT JOB
asirimarco

Postby carold » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Karen, they look great. After seeing what you had already done, I just knew the whole place would look so much brighter. And what I really liked was that you could still see the wood grain thru the paint, but not the color. I wish your dinette cushions would have fit in my dinette area, so we could have exchanged. :cry: carold
carold

Postby MsBHaven » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Just wanted to say that I saw these cabinets during my recent trip to meet Karen. The cabinets looked great! Karen's bedroom is HUGE - - even with those two adorable doggies in there!

I agree with Karen....it's our home (or home away from home), go ahead and make those changes and forget about resale.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Return to Show off your Rigs