Here's Mabel

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Here's Mabel

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:19 am

Here's my Gal.. Mabel.. I've had her since 2001..She's a Gasser..LOL in more ways than one..She has double slides and is 35 ft .. and I have a tow package with Remco.. and use the Blue Ox set up and Brake buddy system along with a tire pro .. letting me know all air pressure in all tires.. I had the Electric Awning put on her a year after and boy that was worth it.. .. I loved traveling in her and she's ready for this coming weekend.. I have built in crates for my dogs and I'll take better pictures than the ones I have as they were from my cell phone ..hey a gals' gotta do what ya got on hand at the time LOL

Now I'm part of the group Rig and All

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew..
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Here's Mabel

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 am

Hey,...the old song, "Mabel, Mabel, are you Able?" ... sounds like Mabel is not only beautiful but all decked out and very able! Good for you!
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 am

Hey Cedar... it took many many years to get to that level.. I mean I started in a Van moteling it then to a first TT a Yellowstone.. LOL then on to an Air Stream.. now that was a neat TT very solid too..I'd say one of the best at that time and no.. it was a second hand.. my neighbor and his wife seperated and I was there at the right time.. it was only a year old... then I stepped it up a notch to a Class A Allegro.. she was awesome..hated to get rid of her.. but we grew..I mean the dogs did... LOL numbers numbers.. went into a larger rig.. Pace Arrow.. then again a larger rig LOL getting the picture..a Gulf Stream and again a Winnebago....geez if I kept going I could have done the Alphabet hahaha.. and notice her name is Adventurer.. yep fits me fine..for now... and there's always tomorrow hahaha.....never had a Class C..but look out my Adventures are not over yet ..Hey even now have a double wide.. now that's a first too !!!

God Bless...

Barbzeee and Crew...
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 am

Hey, my grandmother's name was Mabel...don't see that name much any more. She's a beaut, I know you appreciate all that room.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 am

Really neat rig. When I was looking everytime I sat in the driver's seat in a class A I felt intimidated. Seemed like I had the WHOLE road and when something comes from the factory with fans by the windshield it tells me its going to be too warm for me. With my Class C I only have to drive a "truck" that is particularly long. I just drive the front end and the rest follows along.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 am

Karen, I felt the same way! I had a C like yours for a couple of years (dad decided we needed something more comfortable!!!) Then I test drove the Fred and fell in love with the interior. It is big, but I figure it gives everyone else a good reason to get the heck out of my way! And the looks I get from folks sometimes when they realize it is just little ole me up there driving! Ha! I just have to remember to "swing wider" in this than the C, but not by much!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Excel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Wow! What a nifty rig...Good for you & know you must enjoy all that room...I'm with Karen though...those Class A's really intimidate me whereas my class C is just a truck with a tail (Hah! some tail).. anyway, having never driven anything other than a car (the ex always drove the 5th wheel when we camped)...I was even scared of driving mine when I got it. But like everyone has said before, practice, practice, practice. I recently went down to L.Angeles to visit my daughter & took my car instead of the RV to save on gas $$$...Yep! it was an easier drive over the Grapevine...yes, the winds didn't bother me...yep! it was easier...but have to say...don't wanna do that again. Really, really missed having my RV where I could just be out by myself to nap, or read, or whatever. Don't get me wrong...the kids treat me swell, but at my age...heck! I like to have some 'alone' time ... So, I'm really looking forward to my trip caravaning with my girlfriend & going on up to Oregon...soooo, I better get back to packing her up...Again, your Class A is a beauty...thanks for sharing the pic. Would love to see more pics if you can..... 8-)
Excel

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Mabel is a beauty for sure. I would find that very easy to drive and really
plan on going the mh route when I do my retirement. The fifth wheel is
just intimidating me too much as I am remembering the years I pulled
a 4 horse trailer and always had a hard time backing up. Since I've driven
a 40'r for the past 20 years I think I'd better stick to something similiar.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Show off your Rigs