Pics of the changes on the Short Bus

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Pics of the changes on the Short Bus

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Great job of making this your home. Love some of those changes. If I didn't have a "down bed" would have made my couch a bed, also - with bolsters in the back. I use bolsters on the bed now for sitting up in it reading, etc. I should take pictures of that. I sure wish, when I see all some of you do, that I was more handy at things like that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks for sharing your RV with us. I LOVE Herschel's beautiful smile and face. What a great companion!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Marysdream » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

What a cozy place to sleep - good idea and nice job. Your traveling companion is beautiful too :)
Marysdream
Marysdream

Postby JanetA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:56 pm

wow! I love the inside of your rig, Tina! Is there a pic of the outside that I missed? If so, please direct me to it so I can have a look!

thanks!

love ya'

Janet

and YES, Hershel looks very very content!
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Janet....go back earlier in the year...my initial posting is just under the title "The Short Bus" and shows the side view and the inside before I took out the last bench of the dinette and the couch.......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JanetA » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Tina,,, thanks! I thought of that and already did it!

I LOVE your rig and it's size! Being the shortie that I am, would be excellent size for me.

Oh, by the way,, whoever remembers that minnie winnie I saw by the road for $1500..... well, i went by it again this past week and it was GONE! SOmeone grabbed it up! Bet it was a hunter! I didn't even get to see inside! :(

but like you said,, probably woulda gone about 5 miles and then go BELLY UP! ! ! but was SO cute and little!

love ya!
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby GlennaRae » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 am

Tina, how difficult was it removing your jackknife sofa and making a bed/sofa? I think it may be getting too dangerous for me slinging my body up to the overcab bed. Potty runs are a killer. I like how your bed/sofa looks. Would you mind giving step by step instructions?

Thanks,
Glenna
GlennaRae

Postby cpatinjones » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 pm

I like how you have modified it to fit your lifestyle and the dogs, too.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Getupngo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 am

Love it. I especially like the rear galley. You've worked hard to make it your own AND fit your needs.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Glenna - I looked pretty close at what she did yesterday - pretty basic. I was looking because it's much like what I want to do - so always good to see something already done :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 pm

I'll try to take some pictures of the "Box" that the mattress rests on. As Beth said, it is pretty basic. My water tank is under there. it was under the couch and what storage was available was very awkward to get into and out of. I didn't need more bed than necessary width wise and then I decided to make the base even narrower to give me more aisle space for the dogs and my feet. The height was was determined by the windows...sort of. Higher than a normal "day bed" but it gave me a few more inches for extra bedding and stuff without coming up past the windows. I sit up in it to read like you would in a bed...not a couch. Promise pictures later in the week.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs