Alfie gets a face lift

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Alfie gets a face lift

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 am

Have been working in Alfie again. Inside and out and in between. The inside panel of the door has been getting discolored more and more as time passed so The Driver fixed that - he painted it. looks much better. we have a lot of that color inside.
Then he tiled the wall right next to the stove. Over the years it was getting too hard to clean. The color in the picture isn't as pretty as it really is.

Then we decided that the old rugs looked ugly and got some new ones
Outside he had a metal bumper built to protect the fiberglass front. It still needs some refining, but that will get done when we get home. Can see the DataStorm in this picture too.

How come there is ALWAYS something that can be done or added to an RV? A big money pit. Oh Well.....
asirimarco

Re: Alfie gets a face lift

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am

How beautiful and colorful is your rig inside! I love your door glass that you must have made, yes? Absolutely stunning!

And the new rugs really brighten up the entire kitchen area with its new tile as well.

What is DataStorm? Is it satellite TV, or what? I see a dish on your roof, is that it? Does that dish fold down when you are traveling?
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 am

It's a satellite dish - with it we get our Direct TV and Internet (except here I can't pick up the internet - poop) It is supposed to work in Mexico too - that's the main reason we got it. DataStorm has a map where all the people who use it can put in their locations
http://map.datastormusers.com/ we're number 10144 way down at the bottom of thrid row. When ever we change locations I can up date it and send it to our kids.
asirimarco

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:22 am

I LOVE the painted door. Mine is discolored and now I'm going to paint it. Nice rugs - love the colors. And the tile is great. Ummmmm, maybe another project for me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 am

oh my, that looks great, and I never thought of using those little one inch tiles, I like
that idea.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:00 am

I LOVE your door! That parrot is awesome!

mitch5252

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 am

You two are such talented, interesting people! Very nice, indeed!
AlmostThere

Postby carold » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

Love the tile. Had thought about doing it to my old rig and now this one, but wasn't sure if the adhesive would hold up with all the bumping and moving. Did he use the regular adhesive? My DH is very reluctant to do anything to change the MH and I have to fight him or just do it anyway. carold
carold

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 am

Nice job, I really like how those rugs make the interior "pop".... very sharp!
Cedar518

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Great updates to your rig. Looks wonderful.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Where is your hubby when I need things done on the Seeya!!! Dan avoids doing anything lol!! Love all the improvements!!
The decals on the left side of our motorhome are starting to peel, looks horrible!!! Noticed alot of People are taking the words Alfa and Seeya off their RV's. Wish someone would pick Alfa back up but looks like the nxt RV will not be another Alfa...sad because I love mine!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby sharon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Very nice! Love those rugs, where did you get them? I've got a lot of red and yellow in my rig, too. Red's my fave. And I'm with Carol, what kind of adhesive did the Driver use for the tile?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby asirimarco » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

Got the rugs at Lowes Home Improvement - and he used Power Grab - it is a silicone based adhesive - it is not hard like cement or grout - he also uses the Power Grab to grout the tiles. It gives as it wiggles. Power Grab can be bought in most home improvement stores - we got it at Menards. Used it in Jennie too. So far so good and we've been over some twisty turny and bumpy roads the last few days.
asirimarco

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Carol, thanks for the tip on the power grab. I love the look of the tiles in your RV. I'm seriously thinking of stealing the idea and using it in the TC. It looks great. Linda
OutandAbout

Return to Show off your Rigs