Liz's Roadtrek

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Liz's Roadtrek

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:26 pm

This is my Roadtrek in The CA Redwoods last summer. Stout Grove, I believe was the name of it, up near the OR border.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Liz's Roadtrek

Postby Echo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Oh heavens! I so envy you on your trip to Alaska and having been in the Redwoods. Those are two of the things I have on my bucket list.
I avidly waited for your next chapter of the Alaska trip, so enjoyed each and every picture. The one of the tenter's next to the river about had me in tears from wanting to do just that.
~sigh~ Someday it will happen.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 pm

One thing I've learned is, the more I travel, and the more I read about other's travels, the longer my list gets. And I rarely cross anything off that list either, because I want to go back to the Redwoods, and back to Alaska, etc.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Wonderful Pic Liz. I'm going to have to find a pic of me in the Redwoods. Did I ever tell you that was one of my major life moments?

That said, I also agree with you - the more I see, the more I realize I have yet to see. I could retrace my steps over the last 3 years and even going to basically the same places, by checking out different scenery, I would not see anything again (unless I wanted to) and still not see everything on my list today.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 am

Liz,
That Roadtrek looks like the perfect rig for today's world. Easy to maneuver, probably not bad on gas, and a great little "home." I looked at one at a neighboring campsite last summer, I was so impressed by the use of space. and of course,.... keep those pictures coming! Your travel reports are soooooooooooooo appreciated!
Cedar518

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 am

Liz, love the Roadtrek and LOVE the Redwoods...I've got to get me there someday! (Adding to my Bucket List!)

Paulette
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:10 am

Hey Liz... I wish I could down size .. but me can't fit my crew in... LOL How much gas mileage do you get on your rig... ...Oh ...Oh.. them Redwoods... I got to stand next to one.. and when you speak of Big... that doesn't come close... Impressive and oooooooh my...could actually make a room in one LOL ..

Yes.. to the GTG in Florida.. any time ..

God Bless...

Barbzeee and Crew....
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 am

LOVE the Roadtrek but alas, me and two Labs - just not big enough. Sometimes my 30' seems too small. I'm looking into maybe workamping next summer somewhere in the redwoods. Did you cell phone service up there? I have Verizon.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 am

The RT gets about 16 mpg. Not bad, but still a shock when I fill up these days. I do drive conservatively (not more than 60 mph usually)

I can't remember if I had cell phone service in the Redwoods. I have a Verizon Aircard and remember I was able to get online near towns or freeways, but probably not deep in the woods.
Liz
Liz

Return to Show off your Rigs