No more "wannabe"!

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

No more "wannabe"!

Postby mtngal » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:00 pm

I have been emailing with a guy in the bay area for several weeks about his ad on craigslist. He had a couple buyers (both fell through), I was too busy to drive down, etc, etc.

Well (drum roll please!), Saturday everything finally came together, I met him at a Border's just off the freeway to see it, made an offer and he accepted!!!!!!

So here's the scoop......2003 Roadtrek 190 Chevy Verstile, 42,000 miles. It's not pristine, but relatively clean. Curtains excellent condition, carpet ok, and cushions need new upholstery. The engine is super clean. New house battery and tires. Major service at 30,000 miles. 190 hours on the generator.

It will be a couple weeks before all arrangements can be made, I have the pre-approved money, and will need to ask a friend to help me get it home from bay. Next week is very busy all ready, but I hope to get it home the week after.

Needless to say I am VERY EXCITED and can't wait to start making it my own. It's all I can do not to begin gathering up equipment and supplies to start stocking it right now!

Before the picture, and at the risk of getting toooo mushy, I want to say a very, very sincere thank-you to all you gals who post both your adventures and your troubles because truly this forum is what gave me the final push to know I could do this on my own! So, here it is......

Diana
mtngal

Re: No more "wannabe"!

Postby Redetotry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:05 pm

It is totally beautiful!! I am sooooooooo happy for you.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Whoooooo Hoooooo!!!!! Happy for you. Fun, fun, fun ahead. Don't worry about upholstery = make slipcovers or get someone to make them for you. Throw in wash when they get dirty.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 pm

oh boy!!! I'm jumping for joy!! I can hardly wait til you take us on a trip :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Whoooo hoooo....... I am SOOOOOO happy for you! I can't wait for more pictures and then of course a trip report!
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm

It's all good ........... Yeah start gathering the stuff, you will be able to carry stuff out faster when it makes it to the drive way.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby islandmomma » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:19 pm

WHOO HOO!! Good luck with it all!!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby carold » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:28 pm

FANTASTIC!! You'll be hitting the road in no time and we'll be reading your posts and looking at pics of your adventures. Hey, there might even be a GTG somewhere in your not to distant future. Looking forward to seeing what you do to make it yours. We sure do like to nest. carold
carold

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm so happy for you! Just think you'll be able to get into any campsite in the Nationl parks....Places I'm too big for!
You'll love it and we will be waiting for photo's and tales of your travels.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby dpf » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Wonderful! Good for you...bet you're happy as can be.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh Diana - this is truly wonderful, exciting, way-to-go news! Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo and congrats and all that stuff.

I can't wait till you are traveling in this. Just think next time you'll be in your rig at the gtg!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:37 pm

I am so excited for you and very interested in how you like it as you gain some experience using it.
Thanks to Sparkle and many others on this forum, I've actually started to think about getting one like yours. I was not that interested until I learned that RVs come in smaller sizes like vans.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dcricket » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:12 am

Congratulations! This is soooooooooooooooo Great! I'm so excited for you. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures to come.
Again...Congrats! :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 am

CONGRATULATIONS, DIANA!!!

It's BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait for you to get it and begin to make it all yours! How exciting for you! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!

If you're like me, you'll want to stay in it as soon as you get it! I never stay in this house in the summers any more-----my trailer is my house!

Have a great time outfitting it!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 am

I love it! I can't wait to hear about your first ventures out in it. I'm still suffering Roadtrek withdrawal, but after finally getting the PW refer fixed and my latest trip to Hagen's Cove, the PW is "growing" on me, and I'm sure I'll grow to like it almost as much as I did the RT. The RT design does have some advantages that I've missed.

Here's wishing you many, many happy trips ahead!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs