Gypsy's Remodel

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Gypsy's Remodel

Postby Wanderer2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Here is Gypsy's remodel.

I took out the jack knife sofa and installed a dresser that i antiqued for more storage. The table top flips out and I use a stool there. I took the dinette table out and made a day bed out of the dinette. I installed 12 X 12 self stick vinyl tiles on the floor, took out the valances and blinds (all brown) and made curtains. It now feels more homey. Although, when I get rid of more stuff, may make changes again :roll:

Wanderer2

Re: Gypsy's Remodel

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Nice! Love how you've personalized her.

On another note, the links you provided needed a little coding change to show in the post. I hope you don't mind that I fixed them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Beth is there a way to make the pictures smaller so that they fit better? Several don't appear to load/fit the space and seem to be just particals?????
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:09 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Beth is there a way to make the pictures smaller so that they fit better? Several don't appear to load/fit the space and seem to be just particals?????

The original pictures need to be resized. If she chose the correct code when going through that program, it seems to do that. All I could do is recode what was here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Wanderer2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Hey Beth-I used the program that Mitch posted-photoposting is great.net

I just copied and pasted what was in the box. When I previewed it it looked OK. Thanks for fixing what you could. I will go back and see if I can repost those two pics.
Wanderer2

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 pm

I recognized their codes... But part was missing somehow... But glad it worked right on the other two. Bit the way, a new post is fine, but you could have edited this one, also. We'll follow either way.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Love your colors!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Wanderer2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:05 pm

LOL, It took me a while to get those posted. I used to be good at that kind of stuff, but haven't done it in awhile.
Thank you for your comments.
Now if I change things would like a recliner! Colleen thinks that might work. I do welcome all feedback. The dinette seat isn't comfortable either but could put cushions on that if I move the bed. Anyway, change is good and for now she works.
Wanderer2

Postby longdog2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:25 pm

I have seen Linda's RV and it is charming. She did a great job with the colors and décor. It has sort of a beachy feel....very attractive. The curtains are cute and are even more attractive with the beaded tiebacks she made. They add a special touch. Love the curtained off bathroom too. For a small rig, it feels spacious even without a slideout.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 pm

I like you redecorating. Your floor plan is almost the same as mine except I have 2 sofas instead of a sofa and a dinette. Since my sister often travels with me I need the 2 beds.

I keep looking at Coach House motorhomes on line and keep going back and forth on the floor plan I would like to have. I want one with twin beds. First I wanted one with the beds in the back and center bathroom. But now I don't think I want to give up the closet in the bathroom in the rear. No more than I can travel now I don't know that I will ever get something else.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Great job and I love the colors
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Wanderer2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 pm

I am glad that you like it.

Martha, I went over and over thinking what I actually wanted and kept changing my mind. I just don't think any of them are perfect. So since it is an older coach, decided to make it more my style and work better for me. It does, but still thinking about changes :roll: It is hard to decide and I didn't know until I was really full time just how it would work. (or how much stuff that I can do without) So, this whole first year will probably be learning and adjusting.
Repairs start Wednesday-YAY! They have hookups, so staying there and rent a car. There is a lot of exploring to do. I am going to Groene again with Sage, Donna and hopefully Colleen and Mary Jane. I didn't have a chance to see much when i was there last time. I am enjoying my time here and I have the ladies! That means a lot.
I had to move today to a PA park which is OK, still by Canyon Lake.
Wanderer2

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 am

I love your remodel! My Platinum has the same color scheme but two sofas across from each other and the dinette across from the galley - you, however, are braver than I to take on this project! I'm trying to pick and choose small things to change for now until I have fewer irons in the fire...Really love what you have done. The daybed is great, I have contemplated doing the same and now that I have seen your photo I think it is the way to go!
I'm curious, did you have carpet between the dinette and sofa and was there tile underneath when you took it out? I think Martha and I discussed this briefly a while back. I would love to get rid of that section of carpet to sweep instead of vacuum!
Hope to see more pics and thanks for posting!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 pm

I like the colors you chose for your remodel. Personally, I hate the dark colors (dark & woodsy) most mfgrs put in RVs. Probably the only reason I like Airstreams is because they are more contemporary. So where are you heading? Any place in particular?
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Wanderer2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi Cheryl and Kelly-

Mine had carpet all of the way to the front. Underneath looked like some kind of very hard subfloor. I really don't know what it was, but there were seams that had to be patched before laying the floor. At first I patched and painted because vinyl planks were too hard to lay straight. Didn't like that either, too light and the surface was rough and too hard to clean. So actually finished laying the vinyl tiles just last week. A little darker than I like, but off the shelf limitations. But it doesn't show every spec of dirt.
It feel much happier in here now and more like home.

My plans are to meet a friend who is visiting her father in Lake Jackson TX and head together to FL and then NC by April. If our schedules work out.

Today I rode with Sage and met Colleen,Mary Jane and Donna in Gruene. It was my dog Hannah's practice day in town. She has a little anxiety and Sage helped me with her. It was a good day and for once the sun was out and warmer.

I am looking forward to getting repairs started Wednesday and getting back on the road again.
Wanderer2

Return to Show off your Rigs