Meet "Pearl"

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Meet "Pearl"

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 am

Liz wrote:New Orleans in October, provided it's still there.

Don't say that Liz. :lol: I am so hoping that my sister and I get to go. It will probably be my first trip since April.

Will be good to get first hand reviews of your new rig. We have a Ram truck and so far no problems with it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:41 am

Acadianmom wrote:
Liz wrote:New Orleans in October, provided it's still there.

Don't say that Liz. :lol: I am so hoping that my sister and I get to go. It will probably be my first trip since April.

Will be good to get first hand reviews of your new rig. We have a Ram truck and so far no problems with it.

Martha

Well, I had my first scare yesterday...second day driving it. (I love how it handles by the way.) I stopped to fill up the gas on the way to Live Oak. As I left I put it in "Drive" (I thought) and started to go. It sounded and revved like it was in 2nd gear and wouldn't speed up. As soon as I could safely do so, I pulled off the road thinking I was having a major problem. The Ram Promaster manual was home on the table waiting for me to read it, lol. Wouldn't have helped, because the manual doesn't even mention it, but after several tries, turning off the engine, back on, put in drive, I finally noticed that the gear shift moves left or right in drive position. Unknown to me, I had moved it left which is a type of manual shift, and won't shift until you move the stick up (+) or down (-) (These symbols were lit up). I learned all this after I got home and went on the Promasters forum and did a search. Some of you may know all about that feature, but I had no clue. Anyway, no harm done, and I have now read the Promaster manual, lol.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Pooker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Pearl is lovely, Liz! Welcome to the "B" club! I'm sure glad Serendipity doesn't have that type of shift! I would be parked on the side of the highway crying and thinking I really screwed up! Now tell us why one would need an RV to drive manually instead of automatic? Anyway, may you have many wonderful adventures with her and don't forget to keep posting all about them!

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Liz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Pooker wrote:Pearl is lovely, Liz! Welcome to the "B" club! I'm sure glad Serendipity doesn't have that type of shift! I would be parked on the side of the highway crying and thinking I really screwed up! Now tell us why one would need an RV to drive manually instead of automatic? Anyway, may you have many wonderful adventures with her and don't forget to keep posting all about them!

Evie

From what I read on the Promaster site, the manual oomph is useful to help when stuck in sand or snow, and maybe for steep inclines. I doubt I'll ever use it now that I know how to avoid it.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Interesting. You now know how to avoid it lol. But you also know what it's for. I've never heard of that either.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Would that be for shifting down to help brake when on a steep grade or to help when going up a grade? I tap mine left to lower the gear for braking. Tap again to go lower. The opposite to go back to normal gear.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Liz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm

monik7 wrote:Would that be for shifting down to help brake when on a steep grade or to help when going up a grade? I tap mine left to lower the gear for braking. Tap again to go lower. The opposite to go back to normal gear.
Sandi

Sounds something like that, Sandi, not sure. But there is also a tow haul button which I am familiar with and used on hills in my Class C.
Liz
Liz

Postby Azusateach » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Liz wrote:
monik7 wrote:Would that be for shifting down to help brake when on a steep grade or to help when going up a grade? I tap mine left to lower the gear for braking. Tap again to go lower. The opposite to go back to normal gear.
Sandi

Sounds something like that, Sandi, not sure. But there is also a tow haul button which I am familiar with and used on hills in my Class C.

Lots of new cars come with that feature, Liz. I've used it when driving in the mountains and want more engine torque. I think you'll find it helpful -- even more than the tow/haul feature.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Liz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:23 am

Actually, my Honda Fit has it...as paddles on the steering column, and I used it in the mountains out west. I just didn't recognize or make the connection to what was suddenly happening to my new van, lol.
Liz
Liz

Postby carold » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 am

Really nice, Liz. Can't think of any place or road you couldn't travel. carold
carold

Postby Liz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:23 am

carold wrote:Really nice, Liz. Can't think of any place or road you couldn't travel. carold

Well, it is pretty low clearance, so there are some rough road and "off road" areas I wouldn't go.
Liz
Liz

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs