vintage windows

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

vintage windows

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am

I ran across this photo of a vintage trailer, and I'm enchanted by the windows. Does anybody here have windows that open like that? How are they in action? I'm thinking of making renovations this summer. :D

Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: vintage windows

Postby JudyJB » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 pm

I have seen some like that but only on older Airstreams. I hope you are able to find them.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby havingfunnow » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 pm

I think I'd probably have to build them from scratch -- but it might be worth it!
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:43 pm

That's very cool looking.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:29 am

You could open them when its raining as long as it wasn't rainy. In Texas when it rains its often hot and it would be nice to have open windows.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:20 pm

A man in the cg has a self made truck camper that really impressed me this morning. I didn't have seven my phone with. When I get back, if he didn't leave, I'll walk over and take a picture. He put big windows like these on either side. Loved his camper.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Cool, Beth! Especially if you could get some close-ups. I'm thinking that when the food trucks start in again around here, I'm going to have to cajole somebody to let me get a really good look at the engineering.
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:35 pm

havingfunnow wrote:Cool, Beth! Especially if you could get some close-ups. I'm thinking that when the food trucks start in again around here, I'm going to have to cajole somebody to let me get a really good look at the engineering.

Unfortunately, when I went back, he was gone. Lots of people come here many times, so I'll keep an eye out. It was such a cool rig. He explained that he followed lots of design and principles used by the Vikings, making it strong but light weight.
Beth
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Oh my. A Viking RV. Now my imagination is running wild!!
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby gingerK » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Can't tell for sure but those look like what they call awning windows. And I think they are just the kind you can put in a regular ol' house.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:25 pm

I think so too -- I had some in my old house (came with the house) and I really liked them. I'm trying to think about any drawbacks related to the stress of movement. It seems to me that they would do as well as any other windows, but I might be wishful thinking. ;)
Louise
havingfunnow

Postby carold » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 am

I'm from FL and those awning windows, as well as the jalousy (sp?) were everywhere. Loved them... Could keep them open when raining and lots of fresh air. carold
carold

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:27 am

Now I'm full of wild window thoughts. I think I'll scout antique stores and architectural salvage shops for some really beautiful windows. :lol: If I can't find any, I can always get regular building supply awning windows in the summer.
Louise
havingfunnow

Return to Show off your Rigs