About to resume my dream, revised version

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

About to resume my dream, revised version

Postby Travelinana » Fri May 27, 2016 3:48 pm

I debated on which thread (is this correct word?) my announcement would fit best in. I should probably wait until it's a done deal but I also want feedback on my decision. I have made an offer on a CoachHouse 03. I believe we will be able to reach a number that will make us both happy. It's going to require a flight to another state but they also seemed to want to drive it to me. I was surprised when they mentioned it. I suspect they might want to see Arkansas. If everything is as they say it is in meticulous condition, tires, batteries and a few other things have been replaced recently and maintenance checked out on it. They bought it to travel and I believe their son or brother was paralyzed in an accident and all their plans have changed. They are going to get a van that can be converted to handle a wheelchair. If I do get it I will be working on getting a picture up. I might be asking the site tech experts to help me. I would like to know if any of you have a CoachHouse. I checked KBB and the price they are asking is good but I felt I needed to at least try for a little less. I hope I don't get any terribly bad reviews but it as I said isn't a done deal and I will take what you say into consideration. I'm not sure how much I will travel. I'm very content at home and I work a little caring for two elderly (even older than I am) women with altzheimers. This won't pose a problem at all. I only stay with them 2 to 3 nights per week and the family is very flexible. I think the Chinook prices have shot out the roof but people seem willing to fork over the money..They are rare now so I'm sure that explains it. I gave up on finding one. I also like the Roadtrek but couldn't find what I wanted in one. Wish me luck!
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Re: About to resume my dream, revised version

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri May 27, 2016 5:22 pm

I know that Coach House rigs have usually had a good reputation of being well made and of holding up. You have enough traveling experience to have a check list of things to try out and look at closely. Most importantly having RV experience you know what features you like, what features you used regularly and the ones that you can live without. Have fun checking it all out. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 27, 2016 5:27 pm

I have a 2002 Coach House that I love. It is 23' with a bathroom in the back, two mid electric sofas that make beds and a front kitchen. It has everything you need but in a small space. They are fiberglass like the Chinooks so no leaks so far. Mine doesn't have a slide out. I would like to have one with the twin bed floorplan and a sofa slide but my DH doesn't think I need another motorhome. My only complaint is the lack of outside storage. I only have one outside compartment. Even at that I probably carry more than I need anyway.

I look at them on RV Trader web site all the time. Most of the ads have prices so you can see what people are asking. I find that some of the ads are way overpriced. I think the Coach Houses only appeal to certain people because of the size. They don't have the room that Class A and Class C's have.

The refrigerator went out 2 years ago and I replaced it with an electric only one. I don't plan on boondocking.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sat May 28, 2016 12:18 am

I have a friend who had a Coach House. It was an excellent my. She had to come off the road a few years ago for health twice reasons and sold it. I was very impressed with it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby elkriverrats » Sat May 28, 2016 6:18 am

I have a 2003 27' Coach House. It has a slide out for one of the couches, making a queen bed. Have had it for less than a year. I love it! The one piece design was a big factor for me. Martha is correct about the outside storage. I have 3 storage compartments but two are so small I don't know what to put in them yet! It has plenty of interior cabinets, but most are smaller than our previous rv. Plenty of room for two and two dogs, but we travel light these days. I have been really happy with it. Everything seems very well made.
It needed some things taken care of during my 30 day warranty that were covered by the dealer - it had an inside leak from the outdoor shower hose and the electric element was bad in water heater (should have been found during walkthough but they had winterized the unit) and a cracked transmission case (my mechanic saw this and I am so thankful I took it to him because I do not think I would have noticed it until too late). I don't consider these things to be CH related, just the pitfalls of buying something used...ask questions and check everything out.
Good luck with your decision - I hope its exactly what you are looking for!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Return to Show off your Rigs