Anyone have an "egg" type trailer?

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Anyone have an "egg" type trailer?

Postby Solowalkin » Fri May 20, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi, I'm looking for, in order of preference, a used 17', Bigfoot or Escape or Casita does any one have one or have any experience in them you might like to share? I'm going to look at a Bigfoot tomorrow and being the total newbie I am can use all the advice I can get. I've got a buyers checklist to print out, know to have everything turned on so I can see it working....but what else?

ChrisAnn
Solowalkin

Re: Anyone have an "egg" type trailer?

Postby Queen » Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm

I knew someone who had a Casita and loved it. You can get questions answered, about anything, at these forum sites:

http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/ind ... w&pageId=3

http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/forum/ ... lub-forum/
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Not an egg, but I had a lemon...does that count?
They're shaped similarly... :roll:
mitch5252

Postby Solowalkin » Fri May 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks Queen, I will check those links out, I think I'm on the casita forum. I've been reading a lot on the fiberglass RV forum but it is a bit overwhelming.
@ Mitch...of course it counts although you would probably be happier if it was a twist in a dry martini :lol: And not a lemon of an RV....just sayin
Solowalkin

Postby Yakn1 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Chris!
I currently have a 2014 Escape 5.0 TA....LOVE IT!
All of the Escape trailers I think are fabulous, I really liked the 21', but I love the way a 5er tows.
If you contact Escape, they will give you names of people in your area that are willing to show of their toys.

Be careful with the Bigfoot...not that they aren't nice, but they are very heavy.

I honestly feel that Escape is the best on the market right now and you will not find better people to deal with than Tammy and Reace!

Vicki
I'm not lost, I'm on an adventure!
Yakn1

Postby Solowalkin » Fri May 20, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Vickie!
I'm actually looking at a 2004 15B17CB which is before they changed the mold and made it heavier. The GVWR is 3190, I fell in love with the pictures of the escape but the price new is more than I am budgeting for this, maybe after I've RVed for a while I will be willing to invest more. But it along with the casita is narrow in the walk around turn around space which is the thing I like about the BF. I know they got substantiall heavier in 2005.

Escape did give me names of people and I have contacted them, when I get back to Fl I plan on visiting them. :P And some casita people as well. My travel partner will be a Great Dane and they take up a wee bit of room
Solowalkin

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 pm

mitch5252 wrote:Not an egg, but I had a lemon...does that count?
They're shaped similarly... :roll:

Mitch, you are too funny! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Joan » Sat May 21, 2016 9:51 am

I am also researching my next trailer and have decided on an Escape 19 with a reversed floor plan. I am going tomorrow to see a 19 with this configuration. Will probably be a couple of years before I buy one.

Below is a link to the Escape forum:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f30/
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby retiredhappy » Sat May 21, 2016 10:21 am

Try everything for size and comfort; lay on the bed, sit on the toilet, can you see the TV from the sofa or dinette, etc. My 30' Class C had no where to set your book, glasses or drink by the bed. Annoying.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Solowalkin » Sat May 21, 2016 10:22 am

I'm on that forum as well! I love the escapes but for my initial foray into this I'm going to go a little smaller and used. This is a huge step for me, after being married for 37 yrs I'm now planning stuf for just me (shoulda done it long ago lol) I'm keeping my house and traveling half the year in the camper. Good luck
Solowalkin

Postby Birdie » Sat May 21, 2016 8:32 pm

I started RVing in a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. I towed it with a Toyota 4Runner with towing package. Make sure your towing vehicle can pull what you buy. My Casita was ordered and came out of the factory weighing over 3100#. With clothes, food, fresh water it was close to 3400#. Everything you add weighs something. It is a great rig and holds its value very well but like all rigs you have to maintain it. Vickie's Escape is huge and would easily accommodate full-timing. I thought the Casita was too small for full-timing. Part-timing like 2-3 months out then back to home base would be doable. Do your research and keep the numbers in mind. By the way not all Casitas come with a fresh water tank. Check if that is important to you.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby WickedLady » Sun May 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Not an egg but I saw a cute rv made by Dutchman called a Zoom. Under 3000 lbs? Might check it out.
WickedLady

Postby Solowalkin » Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 am

Unless something is terribly wrong on the water system and stove/oven check I will have my very first RV! She is a beauty, 2004 15B17CB Bigfoot, in really nice shape, I'd put a pic but don't belong to any of the foto sites. I'll let y'all know when it's a done deal...so excited :mrgreen:
Solowalkin

Postby Liz » Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Congratulations!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue May 24, 2016 8:43 am

Yippie!!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs