R-Pod

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

R-Pod

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Do anyone have/had an R-Pod?

I was wondering about the quality and how it has worked for you...

mitch5252

Re: R-Pod

Postby Acadianmom » Fri May 13, 2016 8:30 pm

I saw one at the RV Show last year but I didn't really inspect it. The one I saw had a wet bath and I'm not sure I could have gotten through the door. When I was looking up their web site I came across a forum for R-Pod owners called R-Pod Nation.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cougarfan » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 am

They are great! I would have one right now if they had an awning. They now make one with a dry bath. They come with a convection oven too! The tank size is great for a small trailer; 36 fresh water, 30 grey, 30 black, all in a lightweight package. The ones sold here in Oregon (Hood River Edition) come with 15" off road tires and are pre-wired for solar. There is room to add a second battery but would take some fabrication to add a second propane tank. I saw a picture of the mod in the Forest River forum once.

Here is a link to one here in town: http://www.hwytrailersales.com/2016-forest-river-r-pod-180-new-travel-trailer-or-i1808987 Here is the 2016 Brochure: http://d2k1k1f5tri8mt.cloudfront.net/brochure/2016rpodbrochure.pdf

They are made in Dallas Oregon (12 miles from me) so there is no freight charge for us. Not sure what they cost in other parts of the country.

You get a lot of trailer for the size and price. I would recommend them if you can live without an awning. They make an option called the R-Dome. Too labor intensive for me because I'm pretty lazy :lol: (I just want to push a button for everything on my trailer) but others might not mind the extra work. The R-Dome really does extend the living area of the trailer. They have a very active forum and lots of gtg's too. They are part of the Forest River family (as is my Coachmen) and I will say I've had fairly good dealings with FR on some warranty items.

For a little more money, they now make a Winnebago Winnie Drop: http://www.robersonrv.net/en_us/unitDetail.asp?new-2017-winnebago-winnie-drop-wd170s-salem-or-stock-wit714=35297 This one has an awning if that is important to you and also has the dry bath. Not sure what other floor plans they have and not sure what the tank capacities are.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I researched the R-Pod extensively when I first started shopping for a trailer.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby mitch5252 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks, guys!

I'll check out those links, Laura.

I have a call in to a dealer in Memphis. I particularly like the model 172 - bunks beds in the front.

Still want the Lance like Lyn got, but none around here with a reasonable price to be had...

mitch5252

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sat May 14, 2016 9:24 am

I do love the Lance I got...and yes, it is pricy....I had to borrow $5000 from my daughter. How's that for role reversal ! Used to be kids borrowed from parents. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to Show off your Rigs