My new rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

My new rig

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue May 03, 2016 7:21 pm

All right. ..did I do OK or, make a big mistake? I went out this morning and bought a TT. It wasn't a spur of the moment purchase. I have spent much time on the computer "shopping".
I have really missed going to GTG and plain ole camping. My knees have been so sore, taking my truck camper out was just not appealing.
I now have a 15 foot Lance TT. It has everything I want and is a little larger than the truck camper. No steps to get up into it. So,time will tell if I can learn to park it.
I do not have a camping trip planed until I go to Rock Creek to camp with the kids in the first two weeks of August. I have time to practice!
The die is cast! I will keep you informed how I do.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: My new rig

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Congratulations Lyn! Can't wait to see pics of it! Backing up isn't too difficult once you practice a bit. If you can find an empty parking lot and set up some orange cones and practice with that.
Your gonna have a fun summer! :D

What year is it? Does it have a slide out? 15ft is about the size and weight I will be looking for too.
Last edited by BarbaraRose on Tue May 03, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Congratulations Lyn. Sounds like your new TT will take it easy on your knees. Did you trade in the camper? Wish you could head over to Thomas Canyon after Rock Creek in August. I'll be there Aug. 15 through 18.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Queen » Tue May 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Woo hoo, congrats!!

Best backing up tip I ever learned was to put your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel when backing, whichever way your hand goes, so goes the back of the trailer. Have fun!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 pm

Woohoo, congrats. If this will enable you to keep camping, yep, right decision. You'll master the backing up. One thing I notice many do is overturn. Next time you're out driving the truck, pay attn to how little you turn the wheel when turning a corner. For some reason, when backing up, I see people want to turn the wheel all the way. You've got this!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 04, 2016 6:01 am

See you down the road lady.......happy that you found something you expect will work. Casey will appreciate that lack of steps, too! :) Let us know how the practice runs workout.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Wed May 04, 2016 7:13 am

Awesome!! Can't wait for pictures
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:45 am

CONGRATULATIONS, Lynn! I can't wait for pictures.
What model/year did you get?
I looked at a Lance last year - nicely built units!

Here's wishing you many years of happy and safe travel!

mitch5252

Postby Olive6001 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 am

Congrats on the new rig, Lynn. If it's anything like the pictures I looked at online, you and Casey will be comfortable and have enough room. It makes me smile to think of the two of you traveling down the road. I sure hope our paths cross again some day.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby Othersharon » Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 am

Congratulations Lyn! I looked it up online too and it looks like a sweet little unit. Bet you'll have loads of fun with it!
Othersharon

Postby havingfunnow » Wed May 04, 2016 10:42 am

Have fun with the new rig!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed May 04, 2016 10:47 am

To see pictures of my new TT....go to the Lance site. The one I bought is the smallest unit with no slide. Captains chairs and no dinet.
Living in the truck camper taught me how much "stuff" I Do NOT need.
I am going to get a cover for the back of the truck. Also a small generator to run air if needed. (Remember Oregon at 103???
I will have two full months to practice before going on a trip. Thanks Mickey for that tip. I had heard of that but needed a reminder. I am making note of parking lots that are not too full.
Long range plan is Florida in 2017, after Q.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Queen » Wed May 04, 2016 11:53 am

When I was teaching people how to back up the trailers we used at work (way back when) I'd take water filled gallon milk jugs and set them in good sized empty cardboard boxes (to hold the boxes down), and have them practice backing through and around them, once they got the hang of it I'd ditch the boxes and just use the jugs. Went through a lot of smashed boxes until they got the knack. :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby JudyJB » Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 pm

I looked at the website pictures. Really nice dry bathroom and huge kitchen for that size trailer! That will work just fine for you.

I've seen a lot of that brand at campgrounds, so they must be very popular for good reasons.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed May 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Congratulations Lyn... you're going to have a fun time and hope to see you in Florida 2017.... not that far away
grammynmaggie

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs