Who has a Class C they love?

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Who has a Class C they love?

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 pm

My first love was a BF but could not reach hook ups. I have a 2012 Freedom Elite 23U by Thor. Since I cannot kneel or squat just about my sole criteria in selecting it was that I could reach and work the hook ups. After looking off and on for about 2 years, it was the first one I found where the hook ups were manageable for me. It has served me well the past few years and for the most part I like it. I'm short so some of the storage is a challenge to reach - both inside and out but I have managed.
However lately I've found myself wanting something just slightly larger (maybe 25') with a twin bed configuration or a queen with walk space on at least one side - need such arrangement to make it easier getting in and out of bed plus place for CPAP machine (currently have a corner bed). My dog is getting older too and wold be nice for him to have a bit more space. I have found 2 candidates for upgrade but so far have not located either in a lot to check out hook ups in person - both are by Winnebago, one is a Class C the other is a Class A. I will also look closer at storage before getting something else, if ever.

PS: I would have bought a Thor Vegas when they were first introduced as size and layout were near perfect. Killer for me was fact that it is to low to ground overall and the sewer hook up is VERY cumbersome and low. I also really like the Thor Hurricane but they don't make it any shorter than 27+' and I don't think I want to go that big.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Queen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Grand Design seems to be making an awesome hookup "station"... but they only make TT's. All in one place and supposed to be super easy and clean.

~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I highly recommend you go to an rv show and get in and out of dozens (hundreds) of rv's and find out what layout works, what you can deal with etc. If you are settled on a C - then you don't have to get in all the others - but you might still want to check on a few of the A's. Personally, I like a few of them, but I don't want to drive one - so they are just fun for me to look at :) I determined by doing this, that while there are rv's I'd recommend like the Born Free's, they basically are out of my reach financially. My first - a small used Gulf Stream was actually perfect for me - and while it was considered a "cheaper" rv for it's time period, it was made better than many of the "better" rv's today - as they are cutting corners, etc. That said, I have a lower cost Winnebago right now and love it. The only reason I bought new is that I got a better deal new than I could used this time around. It has everything I need, and more. I've bought things simply because I have space for them, and am now finding myself giving things away - waste of money lol. I know that some of the things that are cheaper in this rv, also are the things that brought the cost down. Mostly they are things that will not effect how long I can have and use this rig - as I will take better care.

I thought I needed a slide - but when I stepped in this rig (which doesn't have one) I didn't need one at all. Had one in my previous rig. But this layout works for me - perfectly. (Although there are still things about my first that made it maybe just a tad more perfect lol).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:34 pm

LOL perfect, and perfecter!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby JudyJB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 pm

The reason my bed is short is because they put it in sideways. When the slide containing the bunks/dinette and the dresser is closed, the foot of my bed bumps up against the big clothing dresser I have. When the slide is out, I have about 8" on both sides to slide/squeeze in to make the bed. (Actually, the space on the far side of the bed has become my dirty clothes area and place where I stuff things that don't fit anywhere else. I leave that side of the bed made up and just slide in the side I use so in the morning it is already made on one side.)

I looked at 27-28' motorhomes, but most have a corner bed in the back with a bathroom next to it. The problem for me was that I have two replaced knees and was told that both of my kneecaps are very thin, which means they could break if I kneel wrong. Doctor told me to be careful, so crawling on my hands and knees to get into the bed and even worse trying to tuck the sheets in to make the bed would be really awkward. If there are two people in a corner bed, the one in the back has to crawl over the feet of the other to get in and out, so I guess the person who needs to get up often gets the outside spot!! Having a bed I could easily make and not have to crawl over was important to me. Also, having lots of clothing storage was also important.

There are other options for bed location and size, so you really have to crawl into the bed on models you are interested in--both of you--and then have the inside person try to get out for a bathroom trip without waking the outside person up! Beds that run lengthwise with space on both sides might be easier for you.

As you can see, there are lots of variables in considerations: how many people are traveling, how tall they are, how old, physical condition, storage requirements, etc. That's why there is no one-size-fits-all RV.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs