Kit is blue

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Kit is blue

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:52 pm

I have a friend that has one of those U-Haul trailers. They must have been very well made to survive being rented and are still being used. My friend brings a small tent to put a port-a-potty in.

You did a great job.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Irmi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Very impressive! You did good!
Irmi

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm

What does it have inside? Is there a sink or stove?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Martha, you're right. These little trailers are incredibly tough. They're like those old Timex commercials -- 'take a lickin' and keep on ticking!' I take a tent with me, too.

Barbie, I have both my propane camp stove and a two-burner electric cooktop in case I stay somewhere with a power supply. I like cooking outdoors, so this gives me the flexibility I need.

I have a small ceramic heater and a propane heater, both of which can be moved around.

I carry my drinking water in glass carboys instead of a plastic water tank. (My brother-in-law was a research chemist with a specialization in polymers. I've always taken his advice seriously when it comes to plastics and heat.) I also have a couple flexible jugs for wash water. I carry a plastic gas can for graywater, because I like to save it to put out campfires, and I have a couple of washbasins instead of a sink. I find that when I having running water I use it too freely, and I don't want to carry the weight.

The little C table in the photo can be moved around to use as a laptop desk or dinner table for one, inside or outside. My folding rocking chair sits comfortably in the opposite end of the van, and my office stuff can live in plastic crates on the molded seats.

Really, you can modify these little trailers any way you like. If you wanted the standard sink/stove/refrigerator setup, you could have that. I knew I didn't, so when I went looking for a project, I chose one that already had most of that stuff pulled out. Then I pulled out the rest. :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Kit is so cute! Love the colors you picked. Happy travels to you!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:00 am

Beautiful Louise. Class A job. So nice and cozy.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby MelissaD » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:09 am

All that's missing is a large "M". :lol:
MelissaD

Postby WickedLady » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Wow!
WickedLady

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:09 am

Wow, I'm impressed. Wonderful job. And why not a stripe on your car! I once painted hippy flowers all over a little yellow VW bug and peace signs on the doors. Loved it.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Karen, I'm thinking about a stripe on Bess. I have a little paint left over, so maybe I'll do it this spring. On the other hand, Bess is old and pretty shabby. Maybe a stripe would make her look worse! :shock:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs