Goodbye Flitter

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Goodbye Flitter

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:15 am

Glad you found your new rig. I would like to have more room but when I think about driving and parking something bigger I'm happy with my small motorhome. I have seen the molded carriers that attach to a hitch that swing away but they are expensive. I keep looking at the hitch carriers. If I ever find one that was wide enough to put my 3 wheel bike on I might get one. We just end up climbing over things until we get where we are going and then pile excess in the front seats. I know I carry more than I need too.

I have 2 electric sofas and they are not that comfortable to sleep on for a week. I put memory foam toppers on them and sheets over the foam. During the day I put the sofas up and they are fine to sit on with the foam on them. I don't have the room to store 2 memory foam toppers.

Good idea to camp with Sharon. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby cmcdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:44 am

Acadianmom wrote:Glad you found your new rig. I would like to have more room but when I think about driving and parking something bigger I'm happy with my small motorhome. I have seen the molded carriers that attach to a hitch that swing away but they are expensive. I keep looking at the hitch carriers. If I ever find one that was wide enough to put my 3 wheel bike on I might get one. We just end up climbing over things until we get where we are going and then pile excess in the front seats. I know I carry more than I need too.

I have 2 electric sofas and they are not that comfortable to sleep on for a week. I put memory foam toppers on them and sheets over the foam. During the day I put the sofas up and they are fine to sit on with the foam on them. I don't have the room to store 2 memory foam toppers.

Good idea to camp with Sharon. lol

Martha

Hi Martha,

I am using a cargo carrier on the back of my camper. I also want to be able to use it for a trike. This is the simple modification that will most likely work for me.

I will modify this somewhat as I want to be able to use it as a cargo carrier when not needing it for my trike.

Somewhere there is a beach with my name on it.

cmcdar

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:13 am

What brand of trike is that? I want one but just have not wanted to spend the money.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby cmcdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Velda,

Sorry, I do not know the brand of the trike in the photo. My partner, sister, nephew, and myself have Terratrikes and LOVE THEM!!!!!

Here we are at Niagara Falls, Canada

cmcdar

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Thank you, I have researched a lot and favored Catrike but also have read about Terra. Thanks for the recommend.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby cmcdar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Catrikes are the Cadillacs from what I here.

We were on a budget so we went with Terratrikes. We love them a lot. One feature I really like is being able to adjust the inline of your seat (which many trikes don't offer). I broke my tailbone a long time ago and it does make some sitting positions unbearable.

cmcdar

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 am

If Catrikes are the Cadillacs then Greenspeed must be the Ferrari's of the trike world. I've been looking at trikes over a decade now and just never seem to get around to buying.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Just thought I'd do a quick share on this. At work we have a woman visiting from Germany (PR is writing an article about her) and she is touring the U.S. by trike. Didn't get a chance to ask her how long it took, but work (suburb of Chicago) is her stop after Minnesota.

Guessing trike is either German or custom made. She stays at hotels but this is her only form of transportation. It has a solar panel for charging her battery (for the electric bike part like JudyJB has). It even has a small trunk for her belongings while she travels. Kind of cool to me.

Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cmcdar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:47 am

Actually, that trike pictured above is an "ELF" and it is made in North Carolina. (Love 'em)

http://organictransit.com/

cmcdar

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:16 am

I want one!!! What fun it would be.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 am

cmcdar wrote:Actually, that trike pictured above is an "ELF" and it is made in North Carolina. (Love 'em)

Duh - you're right - forgot about the ELF on the side :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby snowball » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 pm

cmcdar wrote:Actually, that trike pictured above is an "ELF" and it is made in North Carolina. (Love 'em)

http://organictransit.com/

maybe I could use one of those Shadow doesn't like bikes (the little information that I was given was that as a
pup he was ran over by a bike....he does not like bikes!!) that doesn't look like a bike but then I'd have to
tow it somehow with my 5th wheel hmmm not sure I'm up to that but boy is it cute :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby gingerK » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 am

Just an FYI for those of you with the trikes: if you ever find yourself sharing a trail with horses, please stop immediately, move off trail if you can and speak to the horses and riders. Doesn't matter what you say, just the sound of your voice can help the horses identify that the "horse-eating monsters" they see before them are in reality a human. Believe me when I say that these types of bikes are way scarier to horses than the regular kind. Ask me how I know this!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 am

Those look great, are they allowed in bike lanes or ?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:52 am

Redetotry wrote:Those look great, are they allowed in bike lanes or ?

BJ - not really sure, but the woman at work did take roads here from MN (but no highways). Might depend on the laws for each state.

Kathy - I get it about the horses. Had problems with (mountain) bikers myself. I can imagine the side-stepping, etc if they saw an ELF.
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs