Newbie w/ new to me 5er

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Newbie w/ new to me 5er

Postby Beannie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:59 am

Hi Everyone,
Mandys Mom asked that I post a few pics of our rig, so here you go. We use to own a 28' tt that we loved but had to get ride of it because all the lip stick the guy I bought if from had started to come off and we were finding ALOT of problems ( me the stupid one fell in love and didn't look at everything closely). So instead of doing an entire rebuild basically, we went to a dealer, he gave me everything I wanted and what I was looking for. We decided on a much larger unit because right now everyone wants to go camping with us( I have a very large family), once we get ready to hit the road we are going to down size. This 5er is a 36' 7" Keystone, Outback Sydney with four slides (by mistake I said 5 slides in another post somewhere). We love it and it holds everyone we take camping perfect (except for the night we were with a big group of friends who were tent camping and a large bad storm moved in, needles to say everyone ended up sleep in any available spot on our floor)

We do plan on pulling the carpet out and putting in wood floors but basically I like everything else.
Jeannie
Beannie
Beannie

Re: Newbie w/ new to me 5er

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Very nice. Love the kitchen. Sounds like fun times with family. That is a great thing to do to build memories. Thanks for showing us.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby WickedLady » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Wow! Quite the rig.
WickedLady

Postby monik7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Very nice. I don't know what I'd with all that space. BTW, welcome from Northern California.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MelissaD » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for sharing. Like looking at different floor plans and what people do with their units.
MelissaD

Postby snowball » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:11 am

yours is about the size of mine only I only have 3 slides and a rear living room...Keystone Challenger
loved your story about the storm...we had taken a 24 ft tt on a trip with all of our kids 5 1 son in law and 2 grandbabies under 2
think they were 18 months but not sure about that they were walking is all I remember...anyway we had arrived at our destination
tents set up son was sleeping in the car we had two dd with us and the rest in tents when the winds whipped up and the rains came
down so we yell out every one ok????? pretty soon we had everyone except the son in the tt with us dd and sil and baby in one bed
2 daughters in one bed and 1 dd and grandson with hubby and me wow glad it was only one night!!!! son says you didn't even worry
about me we said you were ok and we knew it!!! brought back memories...you will love your 5er have fun with it
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:48 am

nice!! I too love that kitchen counter.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby gingerK » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing pics.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Liz » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Beautiful home on wheels! Wishing you many happy travels.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Beannie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:45 am

The real test for our 5ver will be in July when we are taking our 3 nephews and my sons girlfriends son camping. They range from 4 yrs to 11yrs, Last time we took them camping it was in our tt and the first night they decided to have wrestle mania going on in the living room. I did not know that a tt could rock and sway so much, we were both to tired to get up and play referee. Cross your figures they don't figure out how to tip it over, lol :lol:
Beannie
Beannie

Return to Show off your Rigs