Well I Did It...Colt's Home - Kind of

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Well I Did It...Colt's Home - Kind of

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 am

And now the real fun begins!

Maybe you can take your new toy to the dog show and watch Tina and her fur babies perform in early April.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MelissaD » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCGaa9BrrE Unhook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uYRvb5LIk Blue Ox

You have the power jack, use it to make your life easier. Use the jack to load and unload the bars.
MelissaD

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Congrats - and what Melissa said about the tow bars and unhooking!

You were passing semi's? Were they slow driving?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Bethers wrote:You were passing semi's? Were they slow driving?

A little - I kept around 60 - 60 mph and if I caught up to them I passed (only if I saw absolutely nothing way way behind me and way way in front of the truck) :o That section of I-88 around DeKalb is pretty quiet so BIL said a good place to try passing.

Thanks for the links Melissa - I YouTubed some more and found a promo for the type I have so it seemed easy (at least for them :D ) . BIL and I are going to get to the storage lot in a week or so to try it and backing up etc.

Got a pic (not hitched) but ain't they a cute pair. :)
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cnq50b » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:12 pm

They are cute! Can't wait to see you on the road. :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby MelissaD » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Just remember that most trailer tires are only rated for 65 mph so running at 60 mph is good. Not to mention you probably get better gas mileage ;)

It's got to look good, you have a Ford :lol:

The point of the videos is to use the power tongue jack to unload the bars so you don't have to work as hard. Since the hitch is latched it will lift the rear of the truck when you take the load off the bars but that's ok. If you still have questions watch and talk to the others with WDH at the CG for some more pointers.
MelissaD

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:44 pm

They look purdy together, sure thing!

And thanks for the speed limit. I get nervous when people with trailers are going 70 - 80 and beyond... I'm not used to slow semi drivers.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Azusateach » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:56 pm

MelissaD wrote:Just remember that most trailer tires are only rated for 65 mph so running at 60 mph is good. Not to mention you probably get better gas mileage ;)

It's got to look good, you have a Ford :lol:

The point of the videos is to use the power tongue jack to unload the bars so you don't have to work as hard. Since the hitch is latched it will lift the rear of the truck when you take the load off the bars but that's ok. If you still have questions watch and talk to the others with WDH at the CG for some more pointers.

Having towed trailers for over 10 years, I can't agree more about the electric jack. Let IT do the work, running it up as far as necessary to take ALL of the tension out of your WDH bars. But before you release the hitch, run the electric jack all the way back down. It would be very, very dangerous to try and release the hitch from the ball with the electric jack fully extended.

It's a beautiful trailer. You're going to have lots of fun and adventures in it. :)
Azusateach

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs