Few More Mods and Storage Ideas to Colliemom's TT

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Few More Mods and Storage Ideas to Colliemom's TT

Postby Colliemom » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Finally finished up the modifications I wanted to do to my TT before hitting the road with it this weekend. First was the pass through storage area. As we all know, they are usually just lined with vinyl which makes them slippery. I bought a 6x8 piece of that green grass patio rug and cut it to fit my storage area. Keeps the stuff from sliding around. Also bought a few plastic storage bins and have everything inside them. The two on the right contain my water hoses and related water stuff in one and my spare electrical cord and electrical stuff in the other. I have since added one to the left side which contains spare sewer hose and sewer related stuff. On the other side of the storage area is my patio rug rolled up and another under the bed rolling storage bin with just misc stuff in it, plus a small bin with the jack blocks, jack handle and so forth. There is a small piece of wood just over the top of the patio rug with a couple of clips attached. That is a storage block for my broom, which is now clipped in it.

Had enough green carpet leftover to line the bottom of the under dinette storage areas as well

Had some leftover indoor/ourdoor carpeting left so lined the bottom of a cupboard under my closet. This are will be holding my shoes etc.

I also have a cupboard above my closet which I am using for clothes storage. Bought some plastic bins for those as well. Labeled them so I know what's in what and lined the bottom of that cupboard with more of the green carpeting to keep them form sliding around

I also bought a piece of 2x4 birch underlayment board and a couple of 2x3 lumber and fashioned a stove top cover to give me more counter space. After I took this picture I realized it should be turned the other way as it should cover all the way to the edge of the sink :roll: I did this in my pervious trailer despite it having a stove cover on it, but those stove covers are designed to be folded back and therefore its easy for liquids or something to get through the folding area of the cover. This keeps it out and actually makes more solid counter space. Someday I will find a decal to put on it.

Those swim noodles that are everywhere in stores this time of year are great for RV's. There's no limit to what you can use them for. In my case I put one up on the edge of my shelf that contains my cups and glasses, to keep them in place while on the road.
I just take it out and throw it in a storage area when I am on my site. It's worked great so far.

Small plastic bins work really well in cupboards to keep stuff from moving around. I put my canned goods in them and also bought some cheap dish pans to keep bread, plastic containers and such in place. The shelves are lined with non skid liner as well.

Not having any storage space in my small bathroom other than the vanity and medicine cabinet, I bought this rack at Home Depot and installed it over the toilet to keep spare towels, washcloths etc. The bottom one will hold my hair dryer and other stuff while on the road.

Put a towel bar up in the shower as it was the only place. Can take the towel down when I use the shower. Also have a spring loaded tension closet rod to put up across the width of the bathroom over the shower and sink in case I have something wet to hang up like a drippy raincoat or something.

So with all that, this TT is ready to hit the road.

Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Few More Mods and Storage Ideas to Colliemom's TT

Postby BayouLady » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Looks great!
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby gingerK » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Wonderful job, Sue!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Ackcminnie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Sue, your TT looks great! The mods you posted were really helpful to me. There are 2 that I am going to copy for my Winnebago class c Minnie... The birch underlayment for the stove cover and the swim noodles for the cupboards! I would have never thought to use them and was fighting the larger cupboards where the dishes and glasses are kept.

Now I am trying to think of something lightweight that would make a great backsplash for behind the stove. I had bought those "smart tiles" from lowes that look like glass mosaic but are actually stick ons but took them back. They looked so busy and were expensive.

Enjoy your trip!
Karen
Ackcminnie

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Great work, as usual, Sue!
mitch5252

Postby judi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 pm

I sure wish I was the one who invented those swim noodles! They do everything!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:43 pm

I had to laugh when I saw your cover for the stove. When I traded in the Short Bus, they asked me about the stove top. I told them that i thought it still worked but I hadn't seen it in six years. :lol: I liked the counter space more than I liked to cook.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:52 pm

love the mods you've done
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Love all the creative ideas everyone on here comes up with! You should get together and write a book!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Looks really neat and organized...something I need to do perhaps next week after I get back :lol:
Really it looks great
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:05 am

Looking good. I love the splash of red from the bed, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:34 am

Great ideas and it looks so neat and tidy and ready to roll. Love the foam noodle idea.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 am

I also use some of the foam noodle to put over my gutter edges and any sharp edges on the trailer in the fall when I cover it up. since I have a full trailer cover, it keeps it from getting snagged and ripped on something. I'm also thinking they may be great for putting under those slide toppers to keep them from sagging in heavy rains. Storage areas where you may have a gap to fill up so things don't move, etc. One could even get creative and figure out a way to put one on awning arms so when you walk into one your head won't get banged so hard :lol:

They could also be Vickie and Mitch's weapon of choice at the KS GTG :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 am

Colliemom wrote:They could also be Vickie and Mitch's weapon of choice at the KS GTG :lol:

I have a fondness for samurai swords...
mitch5252

Postby havingfunnow » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:26 am

I love that stove cover. Birch has such a beautiful grain!

I never thought of using pool noodles like that. Smart!

You are so ready to go. :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs