Some inside shots of the new Vegas

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Some inside shots of the new Vegas

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:47 pm

She doesn't have a name yet but I'm working on it..... Spent some of the afternoon putting a few more things away in their new home. Well new home until I figure out better places to store stuff. It is a process and you get to keep rearranging for the next five years......

So in no particular order because I'm to tired to be very creative about this....

The cord is detachable which I think will make coiling it and putting it away easier. Not to mention a quick run to the dump station.....

Outside storage....the opening goes all the way across. This side is the kayak and life jackets, etc side.

Image[URL=http:

This side has room for the dog show/grooming supplies. May have to rework a few things to get the grooming table back in there. There are several other outside storage areas. All the dump hoses are in their own area and all the electrical cords, cables and connectors are in a separate dry area. There are plenty of places for the orange legos and the crate with the jumble of clamps and bungies. :) So much of the stuff that I had to store inside in crates and above the cab....

//s568.photobucket.com/user/birdbybird/media/P6080011_zps6d670292.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

But come on inside. Notice the steps? The spacing is very nice on old knees and the door seems wider. All I know is that it is easier on my body to go up and down. And yes, the door has already been fitted with extra protection from excited dogs wanting to get to the squirrels outside.

To the right of the steps are the two chairs that can be turned around for company. They can also be turned towards each other and a small table fits between for an eating area for two. You will have to use your imagination because I didn't put any of the table in for this.

If you want to stop and do a little computer work, its okay, you don't have to put up any of those table anyway, just fold open the desk in front of the passenger chair.

You want to sit and watch TV or talk with friends. Look a couch! Again you will need to use your imagination because I didn't run the slide out but you get the idea. And more important you can see that the space is functional with the slide in. (Sorry for the water spots on the camera lens.) Looking back the hallway you get a glimpse of the bed area....

I put the rubber mats down to protect the wood, take some of the vibrations down for the dogs and give them a non skid surface to get up and down safely.

So instead of two twin beds.....I have a dog kennel (or three) and a bed....

The space in long enough to put in the dog food container and storage for my heater, etc. I haven't figured out what I need to store on top of the dog crates but I figured the shoe crate and laundry basket..... Who knows, if I ever need to travel with more crates I could stack them. I placed the old black ottoman (full of books and resource materials) next to the bed so the puppers can get themselves up and down without my help.

Did I mention the inside storage? It runs all around the back and sides. I found that the ottoman also helps me reach the back cabinets when I step up on it. :) There is also storage under the bed on the right. The water tank in under the dog crates. The water pump and bypass and the low water point is under there so I am figuring that I just need to drive south in time to prevent me from even thinking about winterizing... :D

Look storage in the bathroom! A novel idea. There is also just enough under the small sink to hold the TP and a narrow cabinet above the sink. And yes, I already changed the boring shower curtain.

This picture is of the bathroom with the hinged door completely open. When open it closes off the entire hall. It creates a very large dressing area that can be used without worrying about closing the front curtains, etc. The wardrobe with two drawers below is just right of the door. After only having a small mirror in the tiny bathroom in the last rig this one has way too many opportunities for me to check out what my hair is trying to do. :? If privacy would be needed from the back sleeping area there is another expandable curtain at the end of the bed but I can't see the dogs and I needing it.

This is what the open bathroom door looks like from the "living room/kitchen area.

Okay, these aren't the best shots and there are plenty of other features but you get the idea. I have noticed a few little things that need retacking and or gluing and the dealer is already ordering a new mattress for the crate side because the one that was in there had a burn on it. It looked as if someone had tried to use a hot glue gun to fix the trim on the platform and screwed up. I know that the dogs aren't going to need it but I figured that in a few years when mine wears lumpy I can trade for the fresh one.

I also didn't take a picture of the bed that lowers from the ceiling above the two front chairs. There is a twin air mattress that then goes up there and presto...I now have a guest bedroom. With the slide out the couch also opens up to make a double bed but that wouldn't be to convenient because it completely fills the space between the wall and the kitchen cabinets. Dogs that like to go out late at night and early in the morning would be jumping over guests and I would be stumbling across resting bodies much to their discomfort.. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Some inside shots of the new Vegas

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Why, Nameless-To-Date is beautiful!!!
I wish you hundreds of thousands of happy and safe miles.

When/Where's your non-dog-show maiden voyage?

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:16 pm

She's absolutely beautiful, Tina!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Azusateach » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 pm

I'm always amazed at how people and their rigs seem to "fit". I'm so glad you've found something that'll work for both you and the pooches, Tina. Looks like you all will be quite comfortable.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby avalen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:09 pm

its perfect for you and the dogs, :D and I kept searching for the black ottoman you were talking about....finally found it, sneaky bastard :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:23 am

that is a really neat rig!!! can't wait to see it in person...so what is by the bed on the floor?
enjoy it looks like it is a neat fit for you
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:40 am

Yay, pictures. And what a great rig for you and the pups. Perfect.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:44 am

Very, very nice!
Irmi

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:07 am

Sheila, I pushed the black ottoman that I had in the old rig there to make a step for the dogs to go up and down. Figured it was safer on their joints and easier than me lifting some of them up and down each time.... :) I can always use it with the couch if I need to. The kennels in the other rig were down down on the floor....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:03 am

Very nice! Being nosy question tho ~ is there anything under the kennels (i.e. plywood)? If you plan on swapping the replacement mattress in the future, do you think it may have permanent indentations from the crates?

Many happy miles to you and currently-names-Vegas and many dog show wins too.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 am

Great new ride...you will enjoy it for sure
and of course the pups too...
grammynmaggie

Postby carold » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 am

It's perfect for your needs and good looking as well.
carold

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:01 am

Perfect!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Liz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 am

You certainly found a great layout for you and the dogs. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 am

Love it, Tina. Can't wait to see it in person.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Next

Return to Show off your Rigs