New Rig

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: New Rig

Postby Othersharon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Again a big thanks to all of you! Sadly, I didn't get to spend any time playing this week end. Helped DS and his wife clean and clear out her house so they can get it on the market. So anything I needed or wanted to do got put on the back burner! But as I was mindlessly cleaning the stove I thought of a couple of things...like how to put up a couple of hooks or something in the bathroom to hang a towel or robe on. Is it safe to drill into the wall?? Or will I put holes all the way to the outside? Seems I remember someone saying they had experience with that! I thought about the glue/tape hooks but despite their claims they can damage the finish they are attached to. I bought a shoe bag for on the door to put stuff in so that kinda takes care of that space. And what about a spice shelf or something in the kitchen area?

Opaline, I will check out the web site for camera. Thanks for the info and btw, welcome! Spent many summers in Meridian where my grandparents had a dairy farm. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on them when you get them installed.

MelissaD, that's a bummer! Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll decide to let you have that extra week! Keep me posted.

So with all being said and done maybe tomorrow I can do something with the rv! On top of mowing the lawn and some housework! Can't believe the grass needs cut! Yeh, it beats shoveling snow! Rain again the rest of the week.
Othersharon

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:37 pm

I have just put several Command hooks up. They work great and I can't imagine taking them down so am not worried that they could damage anything. I used 3m tape to put up all my pictures in my last rig and did take them all down with no damage.

My magazine rack and spice rack are screwed into the walls. Both are on walls backing cabinets so no worry about the screws.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't know about other RVs, but mine had some sort of wall covering on it - like wallpaper. I put a 3M hook for something with less weight than a bath towel and the weight started to pull the wall covering away from whatever was underneath it.

After that, I kept the 3M hooks for lightweight stuff and used those Over-The-Door hooks for towels and hats and "stuff"...
mitch5252

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:22 pm

I've tried those 3M hooks and when I tried to remove them by pulling down on the stretchy thing, the stretchy thing broke off and I was stuck with the hook still on the wall. :x

Nikki, I went back and read thru your thread but it ended in October with no further updates. Any new pics since then?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:57 pm

I have two spice racks that are screwed into the bottom of the top cupboards they open and 'drop down' for access ...probably got them from CW
I really like them and want another...but also at bed bath and beyond I found magnetized spice containers that will work on the side of the microwave..my husband put screw in hooks over the closet and that is where I typically hang bathrobe...and when I want it from the show just put it on the bed same for the towels the towels I just hang over the side of the shower and remove them from there put on bed when using the shower...some times in our little space we have to do things a bit differently than we would in a bigger space...
sheila
snowball

Previous

Return to Show off your Rigs